You think there's hope for him to come back home or is he being a jerk wants to shove the new relationship in my face?

So we were together for 2 years , know each other for 6 years. Recently ended in July on really bad terms , main reason , he was an addict that got addicted to pain meds after a really bad car crash. I wanted him to to get help, he was getting in trouble with the law, lie all the time , just wasn't healthy. I let it all go for a year but he refused help, so you moved back to his home town , saw his Facebook he was trying to find any girl who would take him , I know him , he needs to feel loved all the time. Recently tried to get a hold of his mom about his mail that was sent to the house didn't know the address of where he was staying. Well he message me with an address , then we discuss the filing taxes and changing his address with government which he kept making excuse on why not. I reply that its not hard to change it... his answer... what more do you u need me to change. guess he assumed I was talking about him personally. When I then stated the mail he started upset , told me he finally found a woman who treats him like gold and doesn't try to be my mother. Now I personal took this so hard. I have him live with this man , and was hoping he would come back home which he tried the next day but I didn't want it then. is it to late to fix it , you think he's serious about this new girl or is he trying to shove it in my face. I just want him back home but the person I fell in love with before the accident

32

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like he is still mentally addicted and isn't ready to give it up, he doesn't want to give it up. I think the best you can hope for now, after all you've tried, is to wish him the best with this new woman. Maybe she can be the inspiration he needs to get clean, maybe she will be detrimental and enable him to become worse, but whatever the outcome: you can't help him now, you aren't what he needs. It's not your fault and you haven't failed him, but sadly it isn't meant to be. It's hard but just cut him out as much as you can, he needs to break the dependency he has on you and the thought that he might have a chance to come home. Sometimes hitting rock bottom is the only way to come up.

• thanks for MH, I hope everything works out for you. Stay strong and do what's best for you.