How do you breakup with someone?

So , how do you do it?

54

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• I would say "You know, I don't think this relationship is working out because of whatever reason." Be serious and passionate about it. If the problem consists get people who you trust to end the relationship

• You tell them face-to-face like decent human beings.

• You say, "I don't think this is working out for whatever reason"
    Then you two stop hanging out, you stop intimacy such as kissing or hugging, and you move on.

• U say it like its soo easy lol

• pain is inevitable, suffering is optional". Wow (Y)

• We all experience pain whether it's emotional or physical. It's just a natural reaction to feel that way when something unpleasant happens as we're imperfect.

But when it comes to emotional pain we often don't realize that it isn't always bad. We avoid it all costs which is a mistake because sometimes the right decision involves pain. Pain is "temporary", after experiencing it we become stronger.

What Girls Said 5

• My ex broke up with me face to face, I kind of saw it coming because something told me to leave sooner but instead I stayed and he beat me to the point. I kind of knew our relationship was going down hill but cause he used some old break up line of "its not you, its me" and I thought I had heard that line before. So I looked up and it was a warning sign for getting dumped. He pretty much beat me to the point something told me I was in the wrong relationship with the wrong guy. He treated me like a dog, lied to me, cheated on me, played me, used me, etc. I don't really think he loved me I think he just loved the "benefits" of being in a relationship with me. Made no time for me whatsoever it was all excuses. I never really got to know my ex when we first met I kind of just jumped without asking why. But my advice is if you are not in a good relationship or you are not happy I would say leave. The more you stay around the more you are going to get hurt. I can't stand guys who say they love a girl but are afraid of commitment. If he isn't treating you right then don't be afraid to make your bags and never look back and walk away.

• I've never actually broken up with anyone before.
    If I were going to, I'd do so in person and I'd be honest about why we're splitting. They deserve to know the truth and I owe it to both of us to end things respectfully, face to face.

• Make sure you know why you are leaving and that you are ready

Tell him the relationship is not working anymore. He will probably ask why. Say I don't see it working out and it's over. Sorry.

If he asks for any reasons and you feel it's fair for him to ask say something like I don't see a future here and i don't want to drag this out. Be firm and don't waver!

It really depends on your reasons and how much of a douche he was. My ex was an ass so I didn't feel bad doing it.

• Depends, how does he treat you?

• Be honest and very gentle about it. Tell him/her why you're choosing to end the relationship and what made you make this decision. Don't go off and list all the bad things about the person you're breaking up with either. DON'T used that stupid line "It's not you, its me." Make sure not to walk away with any regrets. Good luck!

• What if there's a guy, that youve been with for a really really long time, and u love him soo freaking much, but he treats you like shit, and u dono if u wanna leave or not, ur scared that if u leave you will regret it, what would u do then

• People should really stop using that stupid line. It's better to just end things and walk away happy. @AnayaWilliams I'm sure you'll find someone better for you.

• Same thing I said, I had asked my ex as well that when he wrote "its not you its me" did he really mean it was me after all, and he said no but I knew he was lying. I can't stand people that use break up lines. Like just come forward and say what you are going to say. I'm busy with school right now and trying to keep my grades up not really going to start dating again until college probably. And when I do start dating all make it a reminder that I "get to know" the guy first before I decide I want to tie a knot with him because that's a mistake I made with my ex. And thank youv ery much I know I deserve better it just took me a while to realize that, my ex treated me like a dog and I know I don't deserve that he doesn't deserve me. I hope I find someone that loves me for me and doesn't just say they love me but also show it. I want something that's real, like a serious relationship no cheating or anything.