Have you ever felt worse about hurting your partner than ending the relationship?

I felt worse about hurting my ex boyfriend by leaving him than I did about ending the relationship. I felt like my emotional needs were not met.

But I could tell he was insecure and he had been hurt before. His self esteem was low and he seemed so lonely. Sometimes looking into his eyes I saw a sad and earnest look and it made me feel bad and want to comfort him.

What is wrong with me? Is this crazy? I did leave because he was acting selfish and I couldn't take it anymore. I am sad that our love died-but by the time I left the relationship I knew it was over. I am happy the relationship is done though because it had to end.

02