Does waiting until marriage to have sex reduce the chance of a breakup in a relationship?

I wonder if there's any relationship between premarital sex and likelihood of breaking up in a relationship.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• i am going to wait, and this is my view on it.

it's not necessarily that it reduces the chance of breakup, because plenty of couples who have premarital sex have lasted.
    what i reckon is that waiting to have sex after marriage enhances the amount of respect, communication, trust, loyalty and REAL love in a relationship. notice how so many people cheat? it's because that foundation was never laid out. notice how couples fight over stupid things like money? it's because there's no trust and communication.

one simply cannot experience real love without a foundation. if anyone thinks so, they are fooling themselves by depending on pure lust.

Most Helpful Guy