Does my ex want me back? He messaged me and said how many good times we had?

He messaged me a week after I broke up with him.

He wanted to just say hi and also then I told him how part of the reason I broke up (in addition to things he did wrong) was that I need to be more religious again and it is not his fault and not his problem.

He also said he had a great time with me and good memories. I said I agree I had a great time and will always have good memories of our relationship no matter what happens in the future.

What he did wrong was he was not open to talk about things in his past that were a big deal. And got defensive about it. I explained why it hurt me and he apologized and said he feels so bad he did not tell me things more up front.

He said he just wanted to make me happy and thought he was doing as much as he can right.

11