Do you believe a person owed closure after a relationship ends?

My ex and I dated for seven months before she broke up with me. So I did what I always do after a relationship is over my me, which is basically to block her out of my life. It's been about two months since then and I thought that was it until I recently started receiving Facebook messages from an unknown account and text from different numbers (I'm guessing her friends). Anyway the messages are about how we need to talk and that I owe her closure. I don't believe I do. For one I made my peace when it all ended and second I don't like being told I owe someone something just because they want it. And why would my reason to shutting her out of my life matter? Talk to some friend about it and it was split in half. Some said I do and other said I didn't.
  • Yes
  • No

44

Most Helpful Girl

• SHE dumped YOU, so you don't have to give her closure, or talk, or give her a reason for anything, etc. I would say she's the one who owes that to you, but you're likely not going to get a reason from her.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • To be honest I don't care what her reason were.

• Then I guess the best thing to do is just move on and ignore her and her friends. Start fresh with another girl when you're ready.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you really liked her, i think closure is the best way to keep things friendly, I've dated a girl for 1 month and things were going great, , being intimate, discussing her daughter, takig things slow etc.. and all out of a sudden after she came back from her vacation... i received a message #'' we aren't allowed to be together''.( she is a single mom, and she did visit family there ). we work at the same place and ever since she hardly talks to me and acts strange around me, like she hates me for no reason. I've tried for almost 1,5 months to get an answer, nothing, bunch of excuses, Yesterday i started a short and small conversation with her, asking her how she was doing etc... we had a short but relaxed and fun conversation. maybe if i take it slow and plan it carefull, we could end up having a casual meet up. give her closure, you never now how things will be going. could be you meet her again later on.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks. For now the closure thing is still up for debate for me, but one thing I know for sure is that we will never be around each other again.

• that could be true, but be the better person, she dumped you, so she does deserve to suffer from the consquenes of her decission , in my case, im still hurting a lot, even if it was since 18th of August when i got that message. because i really dont know what went wrong for her to act the way she does.