If I dumped someone do I owe them closure?

I personally don't ask for closure after being dumped nor give it after breaking off a relationship. I feel that my reasons are my own and that I shouldn't need to justify them. What does everyone else think?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Not sure.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Oh and may I ask people to explain why or why not?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If they want closure from you, the least you could do is give them that. It helps some people move on and heal so that's why you should do it. But don't offer it unless they ask.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless someone really 'did you wrong', you should part amicably, and while you may not 'owe' each other closure, it would be the civil approach.. and should you meet again, would make reintroduction so much less awkward.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• closure is important when any kind of relationship ends regardless if it's a friendship, 2 week relationship, or 10 year relationship. you at least owe that much to someone you claimed to care about.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the issues as to what might have caused the break up have been brought up while the two were still together, then closure is unnecessary. It's nice to know why things didn't work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, out of courtesy so this person won't assume the worst about themselves and you. Plus, it'd be less awkward and uncomfortable if you see them again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because it's the right thing to do. What if you did her dirty and she's blaming herself for something that was your problem only? Be a man and admit whatever it is and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really but it depends on the situation but if they really need it its just the right thing to do

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• if it was so obvious why you had to dump her then I don't think you need to give closure, it should have been obvious lol, for this scenario only.

1|0
    0|0
  • well the relationship's over... telling them why isn't bad

1|0
    0|0
  • closure comes within. Both of you walk away from the train wreck

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes