If I dumped someone do I owe them closure?

I personally don't ask for closure after being dumped nor give it after breaking off a relationship. I feel that my reasons are my own and that I shouldn't need to justify them. What does everyone else think?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Not sure.
    Vote C
Oh and may I ask people to explain why or why not?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• If they want closure from you, the least you could do is give them that. It helps some people move on and heal so that's why you should do it. But don't offer it unless they ask.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless someone really 'did you wrong', you should part amicably, and while you may not 'owe' each other closure, it would be the civil approach.. and should you meet again, would make reintroduction so much less awkward.