Is it best to not talk to an ex or can you be friends?

My ex tried to talk to me on facebook. I broke up with him last week. I chatted with him a bit. I dumped him. I really don't think he is right for me and I don't want to get back together.. but ah I do miss him as a person and it was nice to talk to him. We were just joking around, he was saying we had good times.

My friend said do NOT talk to him and I am making a big mistake. But I feel bad ignoring him too :(

Is it possible for us to be friends or does he want me back?

Does this mean he still likes me? I still have some feelings but I know he's not my future husband. Too many issues which I don't think are fixable or if they were it would take a lot.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a tough one and I totally get how you feel. This guy was part of your life and you had a strong friendship, it's hard to just lose a friend like that, to sever the bond. In my personal opinion it's best to minimise contact for a while, until he really gets the picture that the relationship isn't what it used to be, then you can both start working on being friends without the romantic connotations, but it will be different and it is important to get that distance when emotions are still so raw. Maybe not for you but probably for him.

What Guys Said 3

• Only time will tell if that's a good decision.
    you might end up together again but if you ever get into another relationship it will be a problem for your bf because of the given history

• I think being friends with an ex sounds decent on paper but it usually turns kind of one sided and toxic at some point in my experience unfortunately.

• Actually i told my ex that i would like to be her friend she said no then she came to me and i said no and now i want to be her friend and i deleted her number so dony know

What Girls Said 2

• That's a tough question I could never be friends with an ex my ex and I go to the same high school together and he broke up with about 6 months ago. I was talking to him earlier in the year at school told him we should try to be friends but after a while I gave up. I don't really see the point of being friends with an ex, sometimes it can lead to attachments and sometimes those attachments can lead to disappointments. You could find yourself in a sticky situation. I honestly don't talk to mine whatsoever he makes eye contact with me every once in a while but other than that we never talk at all. Its best to minimize how much you to talk, just give him a bit of time to move on. I look at being friends with an ex as a waste of time like what difference does it make it doesn't solve anything. I just move on with my life and keep the dice rolling.

• Wait a mouth before talking to him so he has a chance to move on.