Why are there so many divorces going on?

I'm hearing loads of stories lately where married couples have split. Why is that?
And what are the current divorce rates?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I am currently getting divorced. Been married 11 years but together 15. We don't fight or gave drama, we simply grew in different directions. I'm 42 and stuck in a rut with my marriage. I was honest and asked him to work with Mr to make it better. He didn't want to work on it because he doesn't think anything is wrong! That's a problem for me and the fact that I'm not happy and he doesn't want to work through it led us to the divorce option. Dissolution actually because we still love each other, just don't have anything in common. He's content, I'm not. I don't want to live this way anymore. We have a daughter (7), and this is very hard because, again, we totally don't hate each other. Everything is agreeable. Its very weird, but I look forward to my freedom and living a fun happy fulfilling life in the bear future.