Getting over your first love?

How do you get over the first guy/girl you've ever been with. I met him when I was 18, and we finally ended it a couple of months after I turned 20, so he's basically all I've ever known, and before that, no one has ever been interested in me. We were pretty on and off throughout that whole period because neither of us could let go, and its finally come to a point where we're not talking anymore so I need to accept its over and he'll never talk to me again but I'm finding it really hard.

Any tips?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Try dating, getting to know other people will help you lose your feelings for him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Took me about a decade... I think that there's nothing but time to heal.

0|0
    0|0
    • A DECADE? ahhh great. thanks hahaha :P

• Sorry. I guess that does sound depressing. But it was an a surprise engagement ending breakup.

What Girls Said 3

• It took me about 7 months to get over mine. We intially started dating in middle school which is where I met him and it lasted for about 5 months. It was kind of on and off but we started getting there, and then I broke up with him last year like the first week of school. He came back to me 5 months later and said he loved me so I took him back it lasted for like a month or too. And then he just broke up with me face to face right out of the blue. He was the first boy I ever loved, and the only boy I ever felt comfortable around. But he's changed a lot, he started drinking, he cheated on me, etc. I've realized that he is a player and I don't think he knows what he wants yet. We're both in high school but we don't talk whatsoever. It hurt me a lot, it was like a shot right in my heart or having a broken leg. It wasn't easy for me to walk but I just acted like he didn't exist. I've decided to move on with my life since I am in HS and I want to look into dating older guys and getting to know older guys. I probably won't start dating again until college. I feel like none of the boys in my school are right for me. Its not any easy step to take, I felt broken for a couple of days and I just wanted to run away but I had to walk it off and just keep my head high and not let my tiara fall. He took me a lot of time to get over him, every now and then at school he's always staring at me but I don't play it no mind. I don't think he deserves me, he treated me like a dog and I didn't even ask for a lot. I want a relationship that is real and serious and worth having someone that knows how to treat a young women right. It was like a scar on my heart and I had to give it time to heal and now its gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • happneded to me when i was 16... well you'll get over him in time,,, you'll find someone new and you'll get over him, just time...

0|0
    0|0
  • Every time you think of him in your head call him names like a hole and stuff

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes