Which gender is more likely to randomly break up in a relationship?

I see all these people getting broken up with by their SO randomly 5 years in. It honestly boggles my mind and this is why I am afraid to get into a relationship while I do want one. It seems like almost everyone breaks up after like 3-5 years, randomly quite often.

But maybe it will comfort my trust issues a bit if I find out that women are less likely to pull this act. Let's see what the polls say!
  • Men
    Vote A
  • Women
    Vote B
  • Equal
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is really hard to say. I think relationships fail because people don't know how to work on the relationship when things get hard and they don't communicate. I don't know how to fix the problem if I don't know if there is a problem, I can't read minds and I can't expect my partner to read mine either. If something is wrong tell them. Work together to find a solution. I have been in my relationship for 6 years and believe me it wasn't always blissful and magical, sometimes there are storms and obstacles to over come but if you can work on it together and get through it then the only thing that can happen is your relationship will be stronger.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think men are more likely to do it early on in a relationship (like, less than one year or so) and women are more likely to do it multiple years in.

From my experience, girls are more prone to the "Is he really the best I can get?" mentality, and that's usually what causes this.

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• They probably broke up because they don't maintain the sparkle and just drown in comfort and familiarity.
    I want to be nice and say equal but... women are most likely to broke up with you for no reason. Not okay, I know but, well, that's it.

0|0
    1|0
    • That sucks...

No I need to know the truth. Even if it further feeds my trust issues.

• Show All
    • No I have been depressed and frustrated from before and am talking to a psychologist. I might message you later...(on the go right now).

• Okay, I'll wait :)

• women, definitely. once guys are over the 12 months its unlikely they'll just break up. that's also why they recover harder from break ups i think. girls tend to throw things away for the tinniest reasons or having a minor crush on someone else. oh yea, and i think most chicks tend to have the "maybe i can do better/i deserve more" thinking

0|0
    0|0
    • Then how the hell do people get married?

This is making me sad and feeding my trust issues (the responses here).

• no no, i don't mean that there are no women you can trust. i am engaged and i'd never ever leave me fiance out of no reason. i'm just saying that generally from what i've heard, women are more likely to break up randomly. but still there will always come a time in every women where she's ready and willing to spend life with that one guy.

• its around equal when you get in your 20's and college age

1|0
    0|0
  • When a couple randomly breaks up, it's usually only "out of the blue" to one of the people.

0|0
    1|0
  • For me there is no such thing as randomly breaking up with someone. Someone along the way either has a change of heart, has a problem with the other person (even if they never let them know and then just break it off), they have an internal conflict or they find something/someone else more amusing. So there is definitely a reason even if you can't see it or even if the person broken up with doesn't understand it. So who is more likely to have one of these reasons and break up with their suspecting or unsuspecting partner? I think it's equal ground. Younger guys are very prone to seeing greener grass and moving on, but women too are very moody and sometime-ish.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, it's called GIGS. It fucking sucks, but it is what it is.

• I had to google GIGS there *shame face* but yeah it does suck :/

• Sometimes I get the feeling younger girls tolerate more bs but from what I've seen in several forums, it's about even.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see no difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think humans are monogamous for life...

0|0
    1|0
  • I am a woman and I have randomly broken up with 3 guys. I also had men do It to me. Yes it sucks but it's life

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do people randomly break up?

• Because they get tired of them

• You mean "bored"?

Is there ever hope of finding someone who will stay forever?

• I'm going to have to say women on this one.

0|0
    1|0
  • i believe that it has to do with the person! but in our age dont expect long term relationships most of the times they end in less than a month but not always.. and you might be lucky and find someone that will stay with you and love you there is no guaranteed that you will break up neither that you wont..:)

0|0
    0|0
    • I want an LTR. :(

I want love... a relationship. A classic romantic relationship (also saving virginity until marriage).

• Show All
    • Actually, there are people in LTR's in high school. I actually know some.

• ok i know but they are very are and there is a very low percentage that they will last:)

• 5 years in? Wow. I'd like him to consider proposing at least by year 3. If not by then, then I'd have to let him go by randomly breaking up. I dont wanna just keep dating and dating. I'm ready to settle and marry or at least get engaged.

But still, I think boys do the random breakup more. They come up with all kinda excuses that we usually fall for.
    But not tryna be biased or stereotype or anything. Thats just my opinion.

0|0
    1|0
    • But what if you're in college and don't want to get married until you're done with college?

• Show All
    • Just clarifying.

• Yep. I want a proposal around yer three

What Guys Said 2

• Women. Because they usually get the attention easier even while they are on a relationship. When they get the attention, they can be uncontrollable, so they tend to flirt back which leads to an unfaithful relationship. Women are known to be stubborn when it comes to this issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are more likely to have an excuse or reason which men would find utterly daft.

0|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes