Which gender is more likely to randomly break up in a relationship?

I see all these people getting broken up with by their SO randomly 5 years in. It honestly boggles my mind and this is why I am afraid to get into a relationship while I do want one. It seems like almost everyone breaks up after like 3-5 years, randomly quite often.

But maybe it will comfort my trust issues a bit if I find out that women are less likely to pull this act. Let's see what the polls say!
  • Men
  • Women
  • Equal
    Vote C

133

Most Helpful Girl

• It is really hard to say. I think relationships fail because people don't know how to work on the relationship when things get hard and they don't communicate. I don't know how to fix the problem if I don't know if there is a problem, I can't read minds and I can't expect my partner to read mine either. If something is wrong tell them. Work together to find a solution. I have been in my relationship for 6 years and believe me it wasn't always blissful and magical, sometimes there are storms and obstacles to over come but if you can work on it together and get through it then the only thing that can happen is your relationship will be stronger.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think men are more likely to do it early on in a relationship (like, less than one year or so) and women are more likely to do it multiple years in.

From my experience, girls are more prone to the "Is he really the best I can get?" mentality, and that's usually what causes this.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE