My ex left... came back said he loved me and misses me but seems happy with his new girlfriend?

My and my ex were together for almost 5 years. We had an apartment together, we were best friends. We wernt on the same level though... we had bills. I wanted a house. I was careful with my credit. And him he bad bad credit. He got a nice sports car so all his money went into his new car. He got instant friends that liked his car... so he felt popular and unstoppable. His priority were all messed up. We would argue because instead of the bills getting paid on his side his money was going to the car. He said I was never happy. Always nagging. But I feel I was more realistic. Finally things got so bad to where he left. I was heart broken. Well now he is with a girl who doesn't argue. Is into the car scene. Is a lot younger then me. They always spend money on trips to car meets. Etc. He left two months ago. Then randomly called me saying he still loved me and missed me. I miss him. So we hung out. Sex happened. Then I found out about his g. f. now he seems happy. His bills are getting paid. Everything I argued about with him got fixed. All the things that caused us to argue he no longer does. I feel I dealt with all the b. s and yet she has it easy. And he seems happier then ever. I haven't heard from him since the sex. I want to believe he's unhappy cuz he called me and cheated on her. But she's like the total opposite of me I guess. She's more like him. All this time I thought she was a rebound cuz they got together maybe 2 weeks after we broke up. Why did he call me if he's so happy with her. If he misses me why is he still with her?

11