What does a heartbreak feel like?

I have never been in an relationship before. I do like women but still don't have a woman. So when they say that break-ups are really painful. What exactly do they mean. Is the emotional pain as painful as you break 30-40 bones at once in your body or is it something different.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It feels like a part of you has died. You feel sick to the stomach, your head hurts, and it feels like someone is stabbing your heart. Heartache affects the same part of your brain that makes you addicted to heroine. You feel literally physical pain & emotional torment. Depending on how much of yourself you gave away, sometimes it hurts days, sometimes years.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its like a combination of mild depression and having lower self-esteem than usual. It hurts initially but there are worst feelings to me. Being betrayed, abandoned, or neglected feel worse to me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• It feels like you've been kicked in the chest. Like a heaviness in your heart and like it's hard to breathe. Every day is a struggle and your mind whirs with questions. Some people say it's like a knife stabbing them, but the pain is different to a wound.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• It sucks. Completely. And it's really all you ever think about. And so much worse depending on how much you cared about or loved the person. Dealing with it right now, actually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they mean the emotional pain. It will depend on how much you loved that person but I know that it is the worst feeling in the world - it's hard to describe.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes