What does a heartbreak feel like?

I have never been in an relationship before. I do like women but still don't have a woman. So when they say that break-ups are really painful. What exactly do they mean. Is the emotional pain as painful as you break 30-40 bones at once in your body or is it something different.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• It feels like a part of you has died. You feel sick to the stomach, your head hurts, and it feels like someone is stabbing your heart. Heartache affects the same part of your brain that makes you addicted to heroine. You feel literally physical pain & emotional torment. Depending on how much of yourself you gave away, sometimes it hurts days, sometimes years.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its like a combination of mild depression and having lower self-esteem than usual. It hurts initially but there are worst feelings to me. Being betrayed, abandoned, or neglected feel worse to me.