Is it possible to remain as friends?

I had the idea that when one takes the step and risk to start a romantic relationship, first wanting to be bg/gf, then getting married or being in a cohabitation state, or more, and if in one of those stages things don't go as one could want (receiving a "no" as an answer, many feuds, that one has to go to another place, divorce, etc, etc), both have to separate, stop the contact, going on with life and being polite in case both see each other BY CHANCE.

Last Saturday, I talked with a friend, and in some of the conversations, he told me that he has an ex girlfriend, with whom he still keeps in contact as friends in part because they share some things in common.

That makes me wonder about the next thing: is it possible to continue as friends with an ex?, and when I say as friends, that means to stay in contact and still going out but in the meaning of friendship without pursuing anything further, without thinking that there could still work.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Many pele bring this off with no, problems, and stay friends long term.

Imsupposenthey have learned the hard way not to expect a Cinderella story, mand they KNOW it won't work from long experience.

They don't have the false expectations that a lotnofnstar- struck lovers have, in other words.

What Guys Said 4

• It is possible. I keep one of my ex as friend but only after we both cool off from the breakup and had new relationships. The things that we like about each other and the interests we shared are still there, but we do not have romantic feelings towards each other anymore. If you can defuse the sexual tension and both get over the past, it is definitely possible.

• "is it possible to continue as friends with an ex?"

Not really. People SAY that, but it's not true. There will always be tension, and always doubts wondering what you might have done different.

• No way in hell I'd do that

• Depending on the reasons that led to the break up, yes very it's possible.

What Girls Said 0