Why is the wife always blamed more than the husband?

My husband was receiving handjobs from his massage therapist but people didn't seem to blame him or the woman for anything. But now I am selling handjobs and people are being nasty. Is this a double standard or what? how am I worse than her?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I think the reason it pisses people off is because you mixed the two of them together. On one hand, no one cares if a man visits a prostitute because he can still keep his marriage intact as long as he stops, and doesn't tell anyone. Also, they don't hate the prostitute either because she sexually pleases all men, not just your husband. You, on the other hand mixed both: You're still married and your husband has to be faithful and make it up to you now, or you'll get divorced... BUT, you're getting money for sexual stuff too, so I think some people get pissed because you have the "best" of both worlds, and many options to choose from. No, what you're doing is the EXACT same thing your husband did, it's just the fact that you're getting money, so I guess people are jealous, lol.

• That's not fair tough. Why should we not care if married men get prostitutes? But care if women do the same? especially if the motives are better.

• @HarryStyles To be honest, I don't know what to say to that. 99% of people could care less if their partner went to a doctor or was on a sports team. LOL, if that's how you want to define moral high ground then fine, but I could care less too. We'd never date in a million years, so why should it matter to me what your definition is? :p

• So if your boyfrirend showered with other clicks, you'd not care? Wow... If you're cool with that type of relationship then I guess your partner also wouldn't care if you had other men/ went to a male gyno/ etc... In some ways I guess open relationships are a little liberating, but to me, I guess it just seems a little strange.