I want to break up, but I know he will kill himself if I do!

I love him, he loves me, but i am NOT happy with him! i can't focus on my studies (next few months are going to decide my career). He fights with me on every little thing (actually he just gets upset a lot and then i have to talk to him etc etc and i am tired of it) We've been friends for almost a year now and dating for last 4 months... He really loves me, but he cries (yes he kinda cries a lot) almost everyday because of me and when I ask him "are you happy with me?" He always says "Yes". The thing is, his parents have screwed him so bad, he consider me as his only "family". He is totally emotionally dependent on me!
problem is, he is not going to break up with me, i'll have to do it. Recently we had a big fight and I told him everything about how I felt he treated me.. by then I had decided that I was going to leave him, but my friend told him and he apologised. But then, I didn't feel anything, I said "ok I forgive you" but I realize now that I don't love him anymore.
But if I break up, he's going to be alone (he still had friends but no one as close as me), he won't do well in his academics, and its a crucial time for him too! And he threatens me that if I leave him he'll kill himself (not directly, after our recent fight when I said I forgive him but didn't act normally, he was really upset and said "you are not lettinf me fix things" and then gave me STRONG hints that he will kill himself soon in a few minutes... i talked to him on phone for 2 hrs! I APOLOGISED ! And then things went to normal, and now he keeps doing that)
what do I do? I am not happy with him!! I care about him

We are just 17 by the way
His parents are not close to him, and he has no one to talk to

19

Most Helpful Guy

• well you have two choices right now.
    1. if you do care , you'll try your best to stay with him and take care of him, change him if you need to but at the same time focus on studies. this may be hard for you but at least you helped him;
    2. leave him cuz his actions are not your responsibility, plus if its your studies that you care a lot about, then go study, just leave him but do not and i repeat DO NOT leave him hurt that he already is.
    figure out weather you still love him or not. think girl think!!! GLHF XD

Most Helpful Girl

• Just break up with him. If he kills himself that is NOT your fault. He is guilting you into staying with him. It's not right that there are 2 unhappy people in a relationship. You aren't married to him. Dump him and be happy. I have dealt with the same kind of thing before except I was the one who wanted to die. I didn't guilt the guy into staying with me though. I didn't even tell him how I felt about it.