Would you break up with a woman for this?

So my girlfriend is 19 and I'm 24. I met her parents. Due to me being black and she's white, her dad is not fine with me dating her. He said "You will never be good enough for my daughter!" She told him "That's not your decision!" I personally will not tolerate disrespect from my girlfriend's family members. I got up and left before I said something I would end up regretting. She told me to not break up with her. I told her she shouldn't be talking to me and walked away. I haven't talked to her in 2 days. I'm still angry. Should I just end it?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. You shouldn't have to put up with her parents shit. I praise you for having better self control than me.

What Girls Said 3

• If you break up with her over her dad, then you're shallow. If you like or love this girl, that's all that matters. After my bf and I broke up he said nasty and horrible things about my family that he never said to my face. It's ugly to diss someone just because they are related to some unhealthy or unrealistic people. That's not their fault. We are all our own people. Stand up and be a man and show her and her family that you love her enough to not care what they say or think about you. If you break up with her over this then you're just another guy that will give up over anything.

• I'm not gonna break up with her. She told me she loved me today.

• yeah, end it. NO, she likes you that'sall that matters. Maybe he will grow to like you, idk?

• You're dating her not her family. She took you there and she probably knew what her father was going to say but she brought you there anyway because she wanted them to meet you. She is serious. Just remember that she is her own person not her family.

• I understand. But I am extremely PO'd right now, I don't want to blow up on her though.

• I texted her. She will meet me somewhere so we can talk. I might be mad but I don't want to take it out on her.

• That is wise.

What Guys Said 4

• i wouldn't just so i could get at the dad for being a dick.

• Depends if you're willing to put up with her dad, and how often you're around him.

• He flat out said I'm not good enough to be with daughter because I'm black. I don't see us getting along. I want to be with her though, this is a bind.

• At the end of the day its your decision, since your the victim of his racism. Best of luck man

• Keep doing things like what you did, that was the best thing u could have done, walking out like that. Whatever you do, don't snap to give him something to use against. Ask if they need help (Be persistent and constantly ask and if he is married definitely show her how respectful and helpful you are.) and try your hardest to gain his respect and appeal to his human nature. If it goes on too long and doesn't work, he is an alien cuss him out and then move on if u can't take it. (This being after 8-12 months when u don't think u can put up w/ it more)

• Dude chill out. You're dating her, not her dad. Sadly racism still exists. Just keep your relationship out of her familys' sight and all will be ok.