How to handle this breakup?

It's been like 8 months now, it's a mentally and emotionally abusive relationship. Finally broke things off because I had enough of being disrespected, mistreated and hurt. I don't have a lot of friends though, I have like 2. I'm not in school this semester as I took it off, so I've really only been working and hanging out with my now ex boyfriend. I'm afraid Ill go back to him because I'm weak. I know he'll eventually say that he'll change. Or maybe he won't but I'll be an idiot and beg him to take me back but I don't want to do that. I just want someone who loves me, respects me and treats me how I deserve to be treated and I don't think he's going to be the one to do so. I also work with him which makes things trickier, I love my job and don't want to leave it because of him.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh honey. I'm going through almost the same thing. First of all, ever heard of the saying "don't shit where you eat"? Well you did. But I did too. I don't wanna scare you but I had to quit my job because I couldn't bear the pain of seeing my ex every day. It just made me long for him even more. So I left the longest job I've ever been at and loved the most. But that was my path. Hopefully you can handle this better than I could. Secondly, I don't know to what extent you have been abused but emotional abuse is harder to endure than physical, in my eyes. You don't ever deserve a man who emotionally abuses you... and physically of course. Who cares if you have only two friends? Me too babe. Use them up. Hang with them, not your ex. You will never emotionally be able to move on as long as you are hanging out with him. Given the info you have provided, this guy doesn't sound very nice and I'm not sure how it's going when you hang out. But, you said you have low self esteem at the moment and that is not good to show that to your ex. He will most likely take advantage of that and hurt you even more. Unfortunately some men prey on the weak and they will take what they want and leave you to suffer on your own. You are beautiful inside and out and you don't need a man or 15 friends to tell you that. Start looking within yourself and stand up and be strong. Don't be is victim and don't allow him to hurt you anymore! No contact is the best approach right now. It will allow you to figure yourself out and really decide if your ex is worth keeping around. At work, smile big and act as if he doesn't exist. Show him you are bigger than him. I took the path of least resistance and left my job. It was the best thing for me. Hang tough and don't ever allow a man to make you feel less of a woman. Take the high road and guard your heart. It's the only one you've got. Try to meet new people who will love you the way you are. Good luck to you :)