Guys, how would you react to this?

This guy and i still really like each other, but right now our circumstances make it really difficult to see one another. So we have both decided it would be best to remain best of friends (I don't want this). He texted me today, but i don't feel like i can talk to him without getting upset. So i want to text him that i'm not playing games, but i need some more time to heal and i'll contact him when i feel better.

How do you think he will react? Do you think it would make him feel bad?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys hear that all the time. It can be made to sound (or even genuinely be) sincere that now just isn't a good time but someday we'll be together. The overwhelming majority of the time, the guy never hears from her again.

He might be patient and wait, he might be upset for the reason I just gave, he might decide not to wait and go find someone else because he doesn't think you actually will contact him again. No matter what, he'll be sad that you can't be together now.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• If you both decide it would be best to remain best of friends and now you changed you decision, he will probably feel bad because he thought you would be ok being best friends, I wouldn't call that being immature but just a normal reaction to something he thought it was dealt. If I was in your situation I wouldn't want to be just best friends, so be honest to him and explain u can't do the best friends thing because u still like/love him. He will feel bad for losing you but he will understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he'll flip out (which means he's imature, and probably wouldn't be completely ready for the comitment of a relationship), or he'll accept it (means he's more mature and it might actually work in the future).
    I know that i would've understood, at least. Try telling him, i'd say. Might bum him down a little, but that means he understood and takes it seriously.
    Basically present it like "I want in the future, but right now i need some time alone to heal some wounds so that the chance of it working out in the future gets better". Something like that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how mature he is.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes