My boyfriend call our relationship a waste. What should I do?

I need help. My Boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months now and he knows in 5 plus years I will be leaving the state. I just want to explore. I been in the same state all my life and nothing's changing plus I wanna see snow.

So he told me "Honesty have have to tell you this I almost feel like this relationship is a waste of time because we both know how its gonna end". That hurt my feelings and I asked him "Do you think this relationship is a waste of time?"
He said no. But to me he just said that.

I told him"We may not even be together 5 years from now, who knows.

I let it go because he has said some not so smart things before so I just left it up to he doesn't think before he speaks.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• "Honesty have have to tell you this I almost feel like this relationship is a waste of time because we both know how its gonna end". - I think you misinterpreted this, to me, it sounds like he's actually worrying when that day comes and you guys have to break it off.

Simply because you say that in 5 plus years you will be leaving the state, doesn't have to mean that you guys will break up right? Are you adamant about breaking up with him when that time comes? If so; it doesn't sound like you want to have a future with this person. In which case, the relationship /could/ be considered a "waste" of time, seeing as how you could be spending it with the person you -do- want to be with in the future.

My suggestion to you is; do you see yourself with this guy in the future?
    If yes; the relationship is not a waste of time.
    If no; the relationship could be considered a waste of time.
    If uncertain; you might need more time to decide, in which case the relationship right now is not a waste of time.

Think about it for yourself, and talk to him about it when you've determined how you feel about your relationship. Good luck.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• It's a waste in many ways, their is probably great potential... A waste of time no, certainly not. Y'all don't know what is going to happen in the next 5-10, even 20 years. If you end things on a good foot you could rekindle those feelings later if the chance pops up.