Is it normal for a guy to cry during a breakup?

When my ex and I broke up he cried a lot more than I did. I saw him the night before we officially broke up and he seemed to be a little upset so I asked if he wanted to go for a walk and while we were walking he was asking about what was going to happen to us over the summer. (basically we had been at school all year and this summer we would be a long distance relationship because we live in different towns) We went back to his room and he started to cry, and said he was worried that we might grow apart because we wouldn't see each other much. I asked if he wanted to break up and he said no. He eventually calmed down. The next day he asked to meet up and he started to cry again and he broke up with me. The next day I was moving out and would go back home for the summer. He asked me right before I was about to leave if we could say goodbye properly. I went to see him and he gave me a really long tight hug and was crying harder than anyone I had ever seen before. Right after I left and started to drive back home he texted me saying i miss you already. What does it mean for a guy to cry in front of a girl like that, and what are your thoughts?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• some of my friends have curled up into a ball and cried when they got dumped. yeah its kinda normal. I think lol.

• but like to actually cry in front of the girl? he's really not an emotional person at all

• okay thank you for your help :) just trying to figure things out myself! he also basically told me last week that he still has feelings for me so who knows what'll happen

• well of course he will. its gonna take more time and another girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely normal. my boyfriend and I broke up for a bit and he cried a lot. right in front of me. I think if you're in a relationship that is real they aren't that worried about you seeing them cry.