I'm on day 6 of No Contact. Ex girlfriend (who dumped me) wished me and my family a happy Thanksgiving weekend. Should I have replied?

My ex let me go after 5 months about a week ago, and I'm on day 6 of no contact. Today is Thanksgiving Monday, and she texted 2 days ago on Saturday to wish my family and I a happy Thanksgiving weekend. I didn't reply.

Should I ignore her message and continue with no contact? or should I have replied to her message and wish her a happy Thanksgiving as well? Any quick answers would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea you should have replied and wished her a Happy Thanksgiving also. That means she was thinking about you. Most girls wouldn't even text their ex after breaking up with them. So yea, taking the opportunity would have been nice. If she texts you again for any other holidays, like Christmas, etc. and wish you a merry and happy holiday, you should respond :).

• But only if you want to. If she really really hurt you, then hell no, don't respond. I would do the same to my ex boyfriend. Not respond to him

Most Helpful Guy

• No contact = No contact

The relationship is over. She isn't entitled to ongoing emotional validation from you or your family.