How long should I wait to reply to ex?

Almost a year ago, my ex-gf dumped me because I was a bad communicator. I went NC. We met a month later for me to get my stuff, and she was icy cold. I ignored a few things she liked on my social media months later, but when she wished me a happy birthday, I wrote her a thank you note, and finally gave her a poem I had written for her almost a year ago.

She replied 2 weeks later, saying thanks, and that she wanted to reach out sooner to see how I was, but didn't feel right about it (presumably since she dumped me, and not like I was hot ;) The question now becomes, should I wait one week or two to write her back? I'm leaning toward 2, because, when she dumped me, she said it felt like she had fallen out of love, and that I liked her more than she liked me. I don't want to be a dick, but I don't want her to think I'm at her beck and call, like some man-slave that's there when she gets bored with other men...

• One week
  • Two weeks
  • Three weeks
    Vote C
  • Do not respond
    Vote D

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, it would be forever and a day. But if you're really interested in getting back together, why wait some more time? Apparently you've been waiting for a year already...
    It sounds like both of you are terrible communicators though... You going NC after she accused you of such is pretty funny. Yet at the same time she told you you liked her more than she liked you? Makes no sense at all. It sounds like she didn't really like you that much at the time...

What Girls Said 1

• She dumped you. Sink that through your mind. why would you want to have any communication with someone that has broke your heart. You ex them out of your life.

What Guys Said 2

• What do YOU want? Not 'what is the best tactic to keep her interested', etc. What do you want? Do you want to get back together again? Then be clear about it. Pursue it. Otherwise forget her.

• Seriously?

Why wait? Its just childish to make her wait 'because u can' Its over months ago and now she's being 'nice' isn't she? Just reply now and be done with it. Be an adult. :)