What hurt the most about your worst breakup?

Losing a best friend?
No more contact?
The gaping hole in ur heart?

For me I think it's knowing that someone who made me smile everyday for the last 8 months is never going to make me smile again :(

Thank u all for sharing ur experiences. I really tried to comment on everyone's response cause I know how heartbroken we have all felt at one point or another and u all made me feel like I'm not alone so I tried to do the same for u <3

3833

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried to break up with him so much. He NEVER let me. He begged me to stay with him ALWAYS. He told me the thought of not spending the rest of his life with me killed him. He kept saying the worst thing would be if he lost me forever, that I was the woman of his dreams. That no one compared to me, and that he only loved me, that he was in love with me. He made me feel special, but it was all lies.
    He took me for granted and was distant so much. I kept telling him how unhappy I was, he kept promising to make it up and love me more. He did temporarily, but then he'd go back to his distant ways. I suspected he was cheating, I even had many dreams of it. He looked me in the eyes and told me he wasn't a liar nor a cheater. And he looked at me with those same eyes, and told me he loved me.
    I found out that he actually had a whole other girlfriend. And she was pregnant. He was lying through his teeth to both of us. When I spoke to him about her, he said that she was crazy and making things up. When she asked him about me, he told her I was crazy and making things up. But we both had spoken to each other, and we had all the text messages. He then confessed that he just couldn't choose from either of us, that he was in love with us both. Turns out, he had other women on the side.
    He is still begging us both to take him back. He says he cannot imagine his life without either of us. I am done with liars and cheaters. If she takes him back, I feel sorry for her. But I prefer not to see him or I might end up in jail.

I've seen enough of humans to know I'm better off as a crazy cat lady. . .

• Oh my gosh, that is one of the worst stories I have ever heard! I'm so sorry you had to go through such a rollarcoaster of emotions! That's just so awful. I am glad you realize how worthy you are and that you had enough respect for yourself to just completely walk away but I'm sorry it took all of that before doing so. At this point I feel like I could be happy with cats too haha but we will both find love again. I believe in that.

• wow. you are so much better off without that kind of toxicity in your life. he will never be able to find true happiness with a lifestyle like that. Good for you!

• I'm really sorry you went through all that

What Guys Said 33

• Knowing that although she will now be safe and okay i may never be able to find that peace i left her life with. It was not a break up in the traditional since of the word simply a parting of two people destined for very different lives. I knew that it wouldn't last to begin with, but if at least to make her world better for that time and fill the hate in her heart with a love she could not find before was better than never having helped or known her at all. I can be happy knowing she will live well.

• oh my gosh your comment almost made me start crying. It is kind of similar to my situation. Things just weren't going to work but I was willing to fight for it and he wasn't so that hurt. But sacrificing true love so each of you could find happiness elsewhere is so beautiful and sad at the same time. I hope you have since been able to find love again.

• very beautifully said. I connect a lot with what you're saying. good luck to you.

• to you as well dear.

• A couple months ago I met a girl on this site, believe it or not. She sent me a message with some harmless flirting, and I decided I should get her number. Why not, right? Nothing can possibly come out of it, she lives 1000 miles away in Massachusetts and I'm in TN. It wasn't supposed to be anything except a little fun. That's what I thought anyways. I was still messing around at the time, had some fresh drama with the ex of 3 years, and was trying to hook up with every girl that would let me. Let's just talk to this random girl from GaG and see what happens. Except.. a lot more happened than I thought would. It might be crazy. It IS crazy. But we connected. The first thing I noticed is how eerily similar we were, how much we had in common. It was as if she already knew me. Talking to her was so effortless, and something I looked forward to every day. We texted and snap chatted all day. We talked on the phone and Skyped for hours almost every night, well into the early morning until we would be too tired to continue. She opened up to me. The things she told me I could tell were genuine and not something she told just anybody. I felt like I really knew her on another level. She made me feel loved, which is absolutely crazy right? We made plans to meet each other over Christmas break. She was going to fly down here. But I was selfish and skeptical in the back of my mind. Maybe there's a reason everyone thinks this is crazy? Maybe you can't fall in love with someone you've never met? Maybe we're just idiots living in a fantasy? I lied to her. I was seeing someone else as well, who is now my new girlfriend. I recently told her and came clean with everything. I think the worst part was hearing her cry the way she did. I felt sick and empty. I still do.

She has since deleted her account on here. I can't help but still think about her and wonder. "What if?"
    I'm going to hate myself forever for not taking the chance. I guess that's why I've been venting recently.

• Damn, I would hate if that happened to me. At least you were honest with her.

• So you, her friend, and a whole bunch of other strange "coincidences" we're basically telling me to take the chance, and I decided that I didn't want to look back in 20 years and regret not doing this. If it doesn't work, then at least I know I tried. I told my girl how I felt. I got a hold of Jessica and told her the same. I apologized for everything, and she hesitantly looked past it. We've been talking and Skyping regularly again for the past couple weeks. I met her family on video chat and she met mine too on Thanksgiving lol. And most importantly (what I wanted to tell you) is that I booked a plane ticket to see her in Massachusetts for a week. She's so excited and so am I. It seems surreal because we've been talking about this for almost 4 months. But yeah.. you we're kind of a factor in all this. So thanks, I'll let you know how it goes (:

• @SuperNurse42 holy shit!!! Yes! Im so excited to hear the details! Your going to fall in love and get married. I just know it lol

• Having to live out the remainder of our lease with her for 6 months. Brutal. We were well over each other, but I was trying to get back in the game and hit the ground running, and there's no bigger cockblock than having your ex-gf living with you.

• oh gosh haha that would be really tough! living with an ex for 6 months! it's good that you were over it easily though.

• Hmm my first relationship was the hardest to get over but I think it was just because it was the first. You know when you're a teenager with no life experience or perspective and breaking up seems like the worst thing in the world? Yeah it was that lol

• just because you're a teenager with little life experience doesn't mean that the pain you felt wasn't real. what helped you get over it? just time and growing up?

• thanks, i really appreciate that a lot :)

• No problem at all.

• If I had to describe what it felt like when it ended, I'd say it was like finding a million dollars only for them to suddenly get blown away by the wind and never come back. Times 10, the loss of a hopeless romantic's dream come true.

The hardest thing about it was knowing I let myself fall into the trap.

• I've never thought about it that way but that is a good way to look at it. You have something so incredible and then in a second it's just gone and over, and usually there's no chance of it coming back :(

• Trust me you will. All it takes is time, time heals everything :)

• thank you so much :) that made me feel better

• Well, mine is somewhat unique in that it was a "friend breakup." It's a long, sad story but I fell in love with a girl who only wanted to be my friend. I was going to give that a chance because I cared about her that much but she ended up becoming distant and pushing me away. So I got really angry at her about that because we had grown really close and we had a huge fight. She's not one for conflict resolution so we'll never speak again. The worst thing about it was knowing that there was someone perfect for me that was so close to being mine but that I'll never get to be with her. I'd never felt something like that before and I don't want to again now. A bit of me died -- like losing your innocence. Those are the worst parts.

• She acted like a disrespectful bitch after the breakup. The relationship was good and the breakup wasn't horrible. But how she acted after it was over was atrocious. And she was too prideful to apologize until over a year later, in a Facebook message. Way to own up to it right?

• it sucks that you were left with such a bad lasting impression of her.. it's almost like it takes away from all the good memories. I can only imagine that perhaps she acted the way she did because she was hurt and when we are hurt we use all kinda of strange defense mechanisms to protect us. I hope that would be case and that she really wouldn't be so awful to someone she once cared so much for. Either way, I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that. I hope things have gotten better for you since.

• **kinds of

• Yea they did and then some. By the time she apologized I was dating someone else and got over the bad emotions on my own because we weren't talking. But i have to admit. Her coming around a year later just pissed me off. I had to show the apology to my female friends because I couldn't think straight enough with my anger to tell if it was sincere

• When after a month of heartbreak, we got back together for one night, and I thought that my world had returned to normal, only to find out that next morning that she didn't view it the same way.

• ugh that is such a crushing disappointment. I'm sorry that's just plain terrible.

• Well, there are many couples who do get back together. I think you shouldn't pin your hopes on it, but allow for the possibility.

On the plus side, she did give me back the ring.

• i am so sorry :( but thank you for your comments, it does make me feel a little bit better. only time will tell.

• (1) Compeltely Random and over the phone
    (2) She blamed it all on me
    (3) She left me for another dude who was a MAJOR downgrade and proceeded to rub their new relationship in my face. It had not even been 5 days after she broke up with me that they got together, and I'm sure they had been together WAY before that.

Overall it wasn't fun. It wasn't a serious relationship, but I still cared about her a lot.

• I'm glad I havnt had to experience somrhjng like that. I imagine all you want to do is kill the guy but you realize he really is not at fault

• anytime feelings are involved, it's going to hurt in the end. feeling like a second choice is an awful feeling, I'm sorry.

• Losing my "best friend" of almost two years. went from talking and texting all day to nothing. Hoping every time my phone made a sound, it was her. When it wasn't. I'm still working on it. That's why I'm on here so much now. Helps me forget.

• ugh yes I know exactly how you feel!! I still check my phone constantly to be like, "well maybe he will be thinking about me right now" and whenever it goes off i get so excited. but it's never him. it always used to be him and now there's nothing. it really hurts and i feel your pain. i'm glad to know that you're taking steps to move on. i guess that's all we can really do. good luck to you :)

• Yup. Small steps little by little. And thanks, hope u get over the hill soon too

• thank you so much! I'm glad you're doing much better

• Probably the initial shock. Not spending every living moment with her, not texting back and forth for hours during the day. The worst part of a break up is you are left with a lot of free time that used to be filled by your partner which you are probably using to think about the break up :\ but after you get your schedule reoriented post-break up, it's not as bad.

• yes, exactly this. I would check my phone obsessively because we were always in constant contact. he made me the happiest I've ever been and my entire day was filled with speaking with him or thinking about him (we became long distance so towards the end I really didn't get to actually be with him :/) and now it's like I'm totally empty. I know time will help, that's what everyone says, I'm just not there yet.

• Don't worry, most of us have been there, we understand:) You'll be back up and out there in no time, but take as long as you need!

• you're so sweet, thank you so much! definitely comforting to hear :)

• Well.. it was just feeling the void. I felt I would never be good enough for any women and I was completely unattractive so I built this impenetrable fort where I hide all my emotions.

• That's so so sad. It is incredibly difficult for me to take my walls down too. So much so that whenever I do, the guy finds a way to break my heart and then I just build them up stronger. It's a terrible cycle. Don't ever believe that you're unattractive.

• The gaping hole in my heart.

• and the void that will never be filled.

• It's such an empty feeling, to the point where you almost have to grieve like it's a loss. I'm sorry, I hope you're doing better now.

• I just lost a friendship over something I couldn't control nor predict with a gal I was interested in. Thing is, the three times we hung out, and with all the texting, calling and chatting, she all of a sudden doesn't want to do it anymore, won't text me, nor call or say why. And it looked promising. And I was more than good to her. Not knowing why just sucks.

• Not knowing has to be one of the hardest things to deal with. That's happened to me plenty of times... no explanation. Nothing. At least this time there was a reason, but it was still a reason I didn't want to hear. Being so good to someone who just up and leaves is such a disappointing feeling. I'm sorry.

• Thanks.

• All the effort you put in and it didn't even matter :( as well as how you realize that you weren't really talking to other girls :(

• That's exactly how I feel. I did everything right. I was such a good girlfriend. I would have dropped everything for him because I loved him like I never loved anyone before and it was still not enough. But I guess that's what people mean when they talk about what is meant to be will be. One day we will put in the effort and get the same amount back.

• Ya same, I'm a huge lacrosse player and a pretty popular guy, I gave up so many practices and parties and hanging out with friends for this girl and it was all for nothing. Relationships fucking suck :'(

• they shouldn't suck, but I guess with the right person it won't suck. I just want to find a genuine, long-lasting love. I thought I had it and it was beautiful and I'm scared I'll never have those feelings again.

• The part that hurt the worst was finding out that she had no compassion, empathy or remorse, for the things she had done.

• I can imagine that would definitely hurt... but in the long run, those are the types of people you certainly don't want in your life anyway. It's hard to see at the time... really hard. But one day you realize it's for the best and it will get better for you.

• I broke up with my imaginary gf a few weeks ago. She wanted children but I just don't see how that would've worked. And then she cheated on me

• Everything! From knowing she wasn't as happy as i was to the actual pain of my heart feeling like it was being torn right outta my chest. But he/she will make you smile again, you will think back to the good time y'all had and you will cry at first bht as time goes on they will just make you happy that you actually got to have those amazing times with that amazing person!

• thank you so much, this was such a sweet response. I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to have him in my life. im at the point right now where it hurts so much to know that i just wasn't what he wanted. I don't know how much time will go by before I start to feel better. but you're right it's an indescribable pain in my heart :(

• My god reading these is rough. Makes me glad I've never had one. I can only imagine how it would feel to have them fucking someone else while with you

• It's the hardest pain I've ever had to go through. But reading everyone else's response gives me hope that eventually it gets better and we have all been hurt but we are still capable of loving again.

• It was the fact that she stopped talking to me and didn't want to do anything with me out of nowhere and never gave me an explanation of why. I guess the worst part is that she hangs out with my friends so everytime I hang out, she's always there and I have to act like everything is fine even though she crushed me and sent me into depression for the last 5 months amd im still not over it.

• oh man, my heart really goes out to you. that's got to be so hard, especially still seeing her so much knowing how happy you once were together. we all deal with breakups and loss differently so don't be ashamed about being so hurt and depressed over it. it's a hard thing to get over and I hope in time you will feel much better and you will find love again,

• That she didn't give me a reason for the breakup. -_- worst girlfriend ever and im not saying that because I am bitter about it it is because I was too naïve to notice that she wasn't a good girlfriend. Now I know what a good girlfriend is :)

• I think its the fact that none of my break ups was real because i never had a serious relationship i just got so attached to certain people and i didn't mean anything to them.

• it is so hard when you become easily attached. but i think that's better than never opening up and allowing for the chance that it could be something more. I'm so sorry it has hurt you, it always is, but one day you will open up and become attached to the right one and you will be thankful that you didn't close yourself off :)

• The fact her family sent me threatening messages.
    That was delightful...

• Going from raising her son for a few years and him thinking of me as dad to not being able to see him at all was the worst part of mine.

• Fuck. :( I think it hurt him a lot too.

• It always seems like the end of the world when it happens, but there's a bright side to everything I guess. If that wouldn't have happened I probably wouldn't make sure to call my niece everyday to hear how preschool went. Hurts in one way and I'm much closer to people than I would have been in another. Just have to find a way to get through it all

• that's a very positive way of looking at it and I'm glad you're able to find the good in this. It can only get better from here.

• The fact that I could have avoided it, but it was me who caused it and made it that bad.

• what do you mean by that?

• I moved on, but I really wished I hadn't cheated. We were bound to break up (I wasn't into it as much as she was) but I could have NOT being an asshole, know what I mean..

• yes that makes sense. cheating is a terrible thing but we can't change the past and the fact that it has affected you just goes to show that you're human. i'm glad you've been able to move on.

• She was already fucking another guy. Same as the worst thing about every break up.

• I'm sorry that is terrible. I've been cheated on before too and it's such a gut wrenching feeling. It wasn't my worst break up though because for whatever reason I was able to get over that. It took time though. My worst was this most recent one because he was my absolute best friend and now we are nothing and that really hurts.

• Yeah I get where you're coming from. My bf and I were only together for 8 months but I loved him more than anything. Then he just broke up with me because he thought maybe he liked someone else that he just met a month ago. That is an awful feeling. It's almost like cheating but he literally left me who loved him to try things out with someone else he thinks he might like.

• Girls won't do that. They'll keep the first guy in reserve while they test the new waters. The worst thing is if she didn't like the new guy, the first guy would still be taking her places, buying her stuff, and thinking all was well while she continued to seek the next next guy.

• how long it took to do the damn thing

• what do you mean? were you the one trying to initiate the break up?

• Your hope is just for me? Why thank you! haha

• yes, for us both haha thank you for making me laugh :)

• no goodbyes

• oh my gosh your comment and your picture just made me so sad. everyone deserves a reason. even though i hate my reason i still have to be thankful that i got one. we feel abandoned when we don't have any closure and those were some of the breakups that were so hard to get over because you don't know where it went wrong. i wish you lots of happiness with the next person that you open up to :)

• the opposite part of @justbanannaz

• don't beat yourself up for feeling emotions. you are not dumb and you can't help loving certain people. unfortunately we don't always get the love back that we put into a relationship. just because you knew it was going to end doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be sad about it. You will find it again. Good luck to you :)

• it's already 10 months ago. the first time I had to deal with a similar ending was when I was 13, that one took me 3 years to accept it. good thing, she was gone before I could screw it up :)

• being misunderstood

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 37

• Sadly, ThisxLovex, being it is a LDR, Knowing that I may never be setting another foot on a plane again that is only ten minutes from my home, to zoom off to a far away land that I used to know and love with a husband who I Still Love and who is Still hoping one day I will return to and never leave again. xx

• ugh so heartbreaking. your husband is long distance? that must be so hard in itself. was it just too hard? is that why it ended? sorry for all the questions :/

• you have to believe that there was a reason you were brought together. I don't think people come into our lives for nothing. it's so clear that you deeply love him and I really hope that things work out for you both <3

• Yes, I believe this and if it is just for an experience, for everyone on FB used to call me "Eat, Pray, Love" girl before my experiences, it was for this along with knowing love that I had known only a few other times before like this. Yes, I do still love him and he loves me and if I would contact him just to say "Hi" tomorrow it would be "Let's go on Skype" and it would begin all over with the face to face talk to talk and probably the fighting again. xx

• how stupid i was to let him be my first kiss.
    the one time i actually felt scared and cried when he touched me.
    i rushed into it.
    he used to choke me by obsessing over me. he was very protective and i began to feel like property.
    he had a good heart, with good intentions, but he just wasn't the man i was hoping for.
    what hurt me a lot was having to leave, knowing id be free at the cost of hurting someone.

• Hugz, we all need lesson to grow up & become stronger :)

• Yeah it sounds like it wasn't a healthy relationship at all and it was the best you thing you could do to walk away. The feeling of empathy that you have is so special, not everyone is capable of that and while it may seem like a curse sometimes, it really is a gift. it shows you have a heart and that can be rare.

• i honestly tried as hard as i could to hold on and make excuses for him, but i just couldn't do it anymore.
      thank u dear, that means a lot.

• Losing someone who felt even closer than a best friend, knowing that as much as I'm surrounded by things that remind me of them and always in the back of the mind the thought crosses that I know they'd love it, I can't tell them about it anymore, amongst other things.

Mostly a sense of disbelief that an individual who seemed so genuinely interested and with whom I bared so much can one day all of a sudden be over it and end things. I've only been on the receiving end of the break up once, and it just made me question how vulnerable I should allow myself to become in the future, as afterwards for a few months I really felt like just a shell of my former self.

• everything you just said is exactly how I feel. I'm so unbelievably hurt and disappointed and I don't really know where to go from here. I hope you are doing better. I look forward to the day when we meet someone who doesn't want to leave. I believe it's out there <3

• Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. :( Yeah, it was super rough for me. He also ended up cheating on me around May and through that whole summer I was seriously like a zombie, would just put sad music on repeat, drink with a friend daily, etc.. I lost a lot of faith in humanity after that and avoided guys for over 2 years.

Try to keep yourself busy with friends, school, work etc.. You won't even see it coming but you will meet someone who is worth your time. I ran into a high school classmate, started hanging out with him on a purely platonic level, and now are a few days short of 9 months together. :) It's crazy how much better he treats me than the asshole ex.

Stay positive and you'll find someone too. :)

• thank you so much, you've given me so much hope. I'm so glad that you were able to open your heart again and to the right person. I believe it's out there for everyone. I can't give up on love... even though I feel like I'll never love anyone the way I love him :( But thank you

• The thing that hurt the worst is that most people, when they break up, they don't stay friends - and I know that's a hard thing to do, but its the absolute worst part because when its over its ALL over. The friendship, the love, the closeness, the spark, the attraction, its like it is gone in a moment and its so painful because you know its gone forever.

• ugh yes that is so miserable. We just broke up last week and I still wake up everyday checking my phone for a good morning text and i know it will never be there again. It hurts so bad

• Its just this strange feeling that the person you used to feel so safe and happy with will no longer be there. And nothing feels right. But trust me, time will heal and this feeling of endless void will suddenly go away when you meet the next person.

• thank you so much for the reessurance. I feel so unbelievably broken right now because I believed that he was everything to me and everything I ever wanted. to know that he's just gone forever breaks my heart and I don't know how to start over. But thank you, you make me feel a little better. It really is so painful but everyone goes through it it seems.

• wow, the things you said really struck something in me. I do believe that you have to be in control of your own happiness. If you believe in your heart that this person is worth holding onto you have to try and make it happen and not just sit back and wait. thank you, that's kind of what I needed to hear :)

• good :) hope you ll feel better and get over soon :D

• knowing that no matter how much you loved them, how much you sacrificed, what you would do for that person, no matter how much anything, it was not good enough, they were willing to ruin and poison everything, fuck you over and lead you on, knowing how much hurt you've been through in life, knowing almost everything about you. He can still walk away, and all they can say " sorry i knew i was selfish, i just didn't want anyone else to have you"

• It's hard when you give so much of yourself to someone because you want with all your heart to believe that it's enough. I told him that I would have done anything and given up anything to be with him and he still didn't want to fight for what we had. I can't possibly want anyone else right now but I do believe that the right person will know how worth it we are. It has to be out there.

• it wasn't a break up, but we decided to take a break and try meet other people. we had a huge fight about how i had too many friends that were guys and i found that too many people were throwing themselves at him (literally) even though we've been going out for 4 years. before a month passed we realised that with other people there was no chemistry in the relationship and we got back together again. after about 2 months we had sex for the first time a week after my 18th birthday and now we're getting married next year April :)

• oh I am so sincerely happy for you! this is the kind of ending all of us heartbroken girls dream of. I wish for this so much but I know it doesn't often happen. you are so lucky you were able to come back together and realize you were meant to be <3

• The feeling of seeming as though my heart was breaking.. to have the love I had just be washed down the drain... After promises that were broken.. growing the most incredible thing inside of me that we created together wasn't enough.. my love wasn't enough... my heart wasn't enough, sex wasn't enough... For him to decide to cheat while I was still pregnant with our child... after saying we were going to be a family.. how much he loved me for carrying our child..

• oh my gosh I'm so sorry. my heart breaks for you right now. That has got to be one of the worst pains. Right now I feel like I wasn't enough either. I was told that I was everything, the most amazing thing, and yet it was so easy to just up and leave without wanting to try and work things out. I really hope you find peace and know that a wonderful guy will love you and treat you right.

• That was 4 1/2 years ago I found out when my son was 6 months old.. But I had to go there to answer your question.. I felt pain in that sense just never like that.. he since then married the girl he cheated on me with.. aww thank you so much!!

• being betrayed

• it definitely feels that way. when someone can tell you that you are the one and they want you forever and then just walk away. it's a very betraying feeling. I'm sorry :(

• no its okay hun

• Everything. Everything hurt.

• I think you're right. Have you been able to get over it? I'm not sure I ever will.

• It hits me hard from time to time a lot but there's nothing to do but get over it lol

• Hmmm... In all honesty I've only been dumped once, and the saddest thing about that was that I truly didn't care. So that was probably the saddest thing to do with any of my break ups, the fact that I was totally Ok with leaving my partner of 18 months. There was no love left whatsoever.

• that's so interesting. I haven't read a post like this yet. surely you must have had much love at some point that kept you in the relationship for so long. that's actually a scary thought to think that one day you just don't have the same love for someone you once used to. that must just mean they weren't your right person because you will want to stay with them forever. good luck to you :)

• It was a doomed relationship from the start and we should never have stuck at it for that long! It was a very intense relationship too, and although we thought we loved one another it was actually just lust and not wanting the other person to be with anyone else. For the last six months we led completely different lives so it was a natural end to a pointless relationship.

• Being made out to be a fool. It was humiliating more than upsetting.

• that is not a good feeling at all. i sometimes feel dumb as well because i gave everything i had and it still wasn't enough. I told everyone how much i loved him and wanted to be with him and now it's like i have to explain that he left to go be with someone else. it hurts and its embarrassing. i hope you are doing better.

• thank you so much <3 that made me laugh and it feels good :)

• I think he only did it cause he realised he was inferior and thought it would make him look superior. Pfff no one is as superior as Commie is. :P They are all just jealous mother fuckers.

• The unknown of when you'll find love again.

• that's what i'm afraid of. i've had "boyfriends" before but this was a love so strong that I've never experienced before. I wanted it so bad and I still want him so bad and I'm scared that I'll never be able to love someone the way I loved him. Have you found love again? I know it's out there, I just really only wanted it with him and that's what hurts because that can never happen now.

• I have. But I may lose this one too.

• this. this is one of my biggest fears^

• Loving someone who told me they loved me everyday that had been cheating on me the whole time, with girls WAY uglier than me.

• oh my gosh that hurts my heart so bad, I can only imagine what sort of pain that must have caused. ugh i'm so so sorry! love is very scary sometimes but i feel like it's a risk we all have to be willing to take because one day we are going to offer our live to the right person and they are going to love us back and stay. I hope you're doing better since then :)

• **Love, not live

• Everything is bad about a breakup, but the worst part is seeing how they can move on and not hurt so quickly and easily..

• That really is probably the absolute hardest part. Knowing that someone else is going to have your entire world and he will love her now. It hurts so much :(

• The knife stabbing through the heart, it is so painful

• Babys daddy left me while prego. didn't hurt that he left me for some cheap trashy hoe, but just the fact he left me at such a time. :(

• that must be so painful. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that but it sounds like it's something you are over now :/

• i feel your pain, completely. it's almost not fair to know how much they still care if they have no plans of ever coming back. i'm glad he still has a place in his heart for me but i sometimes feel like it would almost be easier to move on if i didn't know that :/ it's a difficult situation.

• Exactly!!! Sigh...

• At first when your in a relationship you think its great but I think what hurt me the most is that once we broke up I felt like a complete stranger to him and everything was awkward 💩:'(

• yeah, it's like everything you shared never meant anything. ugh it just breaks my heart

• It was losing my best friend. I had nobody who would be there for me no matter what.

• the feeling of losing not only a boyfriend but a best friend is so devastating. it's like losing all the best people all in one. knowing you can never get them back is the worst and it hurts so bad :( I'm sorry

• Thank you. Now I feel I can deal. He made a couple of reappearance in the life though and having him back and losing him again hard way more than the first time.

• The fact that he said he loved me but he said he never did

• It didn't work out. My ex was being immature and was making lame excuses not to make an effort to come visit me. It took me two hours and three busses to get to his place. We both decided to break up but it was for the best.

• ugh darling I know just how you feel. there was distance between us towards the end too and while I was willing to give up everything to put all my effort into the relationship, he felt like it made more sense to just date people close by... so that's what he did. that's not at all what i wanted. it's so terrible. are you still hurt over it or have you been able to move on?

• Wow. Sorry to hear that and yes I gotten over it. I was hurt, but I've been over it. My friend had been trying to warn me from the beginning but I've learned from it. I've been single for three years and honestly, I'm enjoying my freedom. I'm almost 25 and I have plenty of time to find a man. :)

• What hurt most about my last breakup is not seeing that person again that really sucks when you're not the one that instigated the breakup!!!

• yes, that has to be one of the absolute worst parts. not seeing that person who was such an enormous part of your life anymore. I'm struggling with that right now myself. It hurts a lot. I hope you have since been able to move forward and find love again :)

• No resolution. No byes. Just a ending that lingered on.

• I had no idea this was so common. I'm hearing a lot of people that have gone through this, myself included.. more than once. But usually just with guys I wasn't dating very seriously. I'm sorry though because it does hurt and I can't imagine how much it would hurt for that to happen with someone you really care for :(

• Yeah It did really hurt. Really nice post btw, nice you asked this question. while its sad to read some of the others comments and yours. Its also nice knowing that we aren't alone and there's some comfort in that :)

• aww thank you that means a lot to me. i wasn't expecting to get so many responses but it's the same for me as well... it makes me feel not so alone. Like we're some kind of broken hearts club haha we have all gone through pain and I definitely take comfort in knowing others have felt the same way (even though it makes me sad at the same time) <3

• When I found out my boyfriend was going to eventually die from a terminal disease and refused to see me after that. Just cut off the relationship. I'm still not over it.

• oh my gosh... :(

• oh my god, I am so so sorry. I have yet to read anything that sad. my heart goes out to you. I hope in time you are able to find peace <3

• Thank you for your kind words. This is after losing my only oldest closer sister and my husband in the same year. By the way, I love that you comment on everybody's opinions, it shows a lot about you. :-)

• that if we tried harder, we could have made it work.

• I feel the exact same way. I was the one who wanted to try but he already decided and that hurt a lot.

• my guy was just traumatized i guess. he had a terrible childhood, we loved each other like crazy... but hated each other with almost the same passion.

• He never gave a reason
    but we got back together

• My mood completely changed reading the comments.. wow

I've never been in a relationship though

• i know what you mean, it's so heartbreaking to read about everyone's pain but i hope we can all take comfort in knowing that we all go through the same thing. it's so sad though :(

• yeah it is :(

• That he just left me after 2 years for no reason

• 2 years is so long to just up and leave with no explanation. I've been left for no reason but never with anyone that serious. I'm so sorry that happened... you didn't deserve that and he doesn't deserve to be with someone like you. I hope you never give up on love.

• I'm so glad to hear that. It makes me hopeful for sure! You deserve a really good guy :)

• Awwe how sweet of you :) thanks :)

• feeling like i fucked everything up and being alone and not good enough and hurting someone i loved. i got over that pretty quick though. in a way, my first breakup helped me become a better person.

• Learning that things were NEVER what I thought they were.
    He wasn't who I thought he was, he never felt the way about me that I thought he did (the way I felt about him)... learning that it was all a lie.

• That must hurt so bad. When you care so deeply for someone it's hard to see the truth sometimes, but to find out that it wasn't what you thought is so hard to deal with. I hope you are doing better now and even found love again :)

• Thank you, so sweet of you :-)

• More from Girls
    7