You have been in a relationship for two years, and don't want to break up. But your partner doesn't want to ever have sex. What do you do?

So, assume the following scenario, you have been in a relationship for two years, and your partner hasn't had sex with you, nor does your partner ever want to have sex with anyone ever. You know that she has never felt aroused by anyone or anything in her life, and she is not willing to have sex with you just because you desire it, because she explicitly does NOT want to have sex, ever.

What would you do?

96

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd probably break up. Being asexual is something that needs a like minded partner to work.

I don't get why people say its "just" sex. Sex is one of the most powerful bonding agent between two people.

• I guess sex is only just as important as people perceive it to be. Similar to love.

• Being asexual is not the norm. It doesn't make a person bad, but it would take a special fit. Most humans are wired for sexual connection.

• I just have these pictures in my head on what it would be like if it was working as I'd like it to work and it would be so much better for both sides, but it's not working that way and it is frustrating.

Most Helpful Guy

• No kids?

Ruuuuuunnnn. Seriously. Get the hell out.

When you get in a good relationship, you're going to kick yourself for not having broken up a month in.

• It's... pretty decent, apart from the obvious. That, and there isn't really a point in becoming single if there's no more suitable alternative in sight, is there?

• No. But it's painfully obvious in retrospect. It's like you get your first car and it can't turn left and you're like 'well I can just turn right three times it's okay and I like everything else'. Then you get a new functional car and you realize how ridiculous your excuses were.

• I cannot argue with the car metaphor. Expressive.