Is he telling me the truth? Will he come back to me again? Is this the end?

My boyfriend first broke up with me 2 months ago when he said didn't want a relationship anymore. He was so mean but later claimed that he only wanted me to be able to move on quickly. I started no contact and almost 2 weeks later he contacted me, I ignored him but he apologized and said he regretted it and was trying to contact me in every possible way. He said he knew he took me for granted and thought he'd be fine without me until a week later he realized he couldn't deal with the pain and that there was something about me he couldn't let go. I let him back into my life and we'd been happier than we ever had in the last 2 months. Everything was perfect until he told me he applied for a masters course interstate. I was aware of this but he didn't tell me that he had already applied until it somehow came up 2 weekends ago. He told me we would be fine and that he would work something out. Last week all of a sudden he became distant and I asked him what the matter was. He said he was worried about next year and that he didn't want to be with me anymore. Last weekend we spent so much time together and had so much fun. I thought he finally worked it out and was willing to give it a go. He told me we would be fine and he just needed time to work out what was blocking him from not wanting to continue our relationship because he's enjoying time with me and want to be with me. Two days ago I made a mistake for annoying him to make up his mind. I know I should've given him time and space to think. I even went to his house at night after he texted me saying he was leaning towards walking away. I told him I would do anything for him, I could even move interstate to be with him. He said he wouldn't be able to focus with me around and it's the one chance he has to get his career sorted. I told him I wanted to be with him until he goes next year and I would be happy to wait for him but he pretty much said there's no point because he knows he's not going to be with me next year.

01