Why can't my ex say he doesn't love me anymore if he's in a relationship with another girl?

My ex dumped me for another girl couple of months ago, and we recently started to talk. It was fine, but for me it didn't feel right. I had nothing to lose, so I asked if he loves me? He didn't reply...
If he already broke up with me for another girl and was fine with it, why can't he just say he doesn't love me anymore? I mean I'm already hurt from him dumping me, so I don't get why he can't just say this

03

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex wouldn't say that to me either. They don't want to hurt you any more then they have to. I wouldn't ask questions like this. I'm sure he does love you but either way, this isn't going to make you feel that much better. Let him be with this new girl and just forget about him for now. They usually always come back. So when he does be confident and strong.