What Does She Mean by "Almost Cheated"?

A bit of background from both of us, this was my first girlfriend, I was her 3rd boyfriend. I thought the relationship was going very well despite us living an hour away from each other. I had never dated or kissed a girl until her, and I am still a virgin. She admitted that before me, she had kissed many guys and slept with 6 different guys. She has told me that she felt like a whore compared to me, but got over it because she cared about me very much. She hadn't been doing anything with other guys ever since she had her now 2 year old son. I figured this was all in the past.

I figured this would last a long time if not the rest of our lives. She even told me I was the nicest guy she ever dated. We shared lots of details about ourselves that we have never told anybody else. She trusted me, she was glad I was not in the relationship for the sex (which I wasn't , I never wanted to force her into anything she was uncomfortable with. The most intimate I ever got with her was kissing). Despite our distance, I made an effort to see her every week. We still texted all of the time when we couldn't see each other.

One night, she sent me a text, saying she needs to talk to me about our relationship. She ended up breaking up with me after a month. All she said is that she feels like a terrible person and feels guilty and doesn't want to hurt me. I figured she felt bad about her past with other guys. Of course, I was very sad. I was surprised that the next night, she texted me to see how I was doing. She had always been one of my best friends ever since we met, and she still is today.

About two months after our breakup, I asked her why she felt like a terrible person. This was when she told me she almost cheated on me, which is why she felt bad. Hearing this made me feel uneasy, but I appreciated her honesty. I don't want to ask her what she means by "almost cheated", but at the same time, it is my biggest question.

11