Guys what would be your reaction?

So me & my guy friend had been seeing each other for about a year. 2 weeks ago he ended it after an argument yet 3 days later messaged me wanting to meet up and talk, telling me he missed me. I meet up with him and he opened up properly for the first time & said he's just scared of getting hurt again. And that I'm the first girl in a long time that he actually really likes & he just ends up pushing me away.

I accepted that as his ex cheated on him 2 years ago & due to health problems he nearly died. A week goes by and he's off I ask if he still felt how he did the other night (he uses the one moment I like you a lot & the next I don't excuse on me) & he said he wasn't sure. We got in a argument & he wanted things to end.

I phoned him 2 days after to discuss it & he said he thinks it's best if we go our separate ways. He says it's not easy for him either as I'm the only person he really speaks too & he enjoys spending time with me. It hurt a lot, his voice even broke a little. It's been 4 days and I miss him like mad.

I'm having a shit day & all I want to do is text him. Guys if you were missing a girl but had said your trying to move on will you be annoyed if she messaged you? Do you think he is just pushing me away again?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just move on for now. He's already pulled the push and pull technique which is very unhealthy and he will likely continue to do. I don't think there is any hurt in texting him but don't have any expectations in doing so. He is definitely pushing you away because he is insecure. There is really nothing you can do but give him space to reflect on being a sissy. We all have horrible things happen to us but we change our perspective and move forward. You can't live in the past and future simultaneously.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I think he's mixed up and doesn't know wtf he wants. Send him a "thinking of you.." text and see what response you get ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be annoyed, and I'd be happy to hear from her.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would that make you not miss her though? I keep getting told by everyone that guys expect girls to be the first to message them & it won't make them miss you?

• Honestly it sounds like he is playing an extreme game of hard to get. He knows you are emotionally vested in him and maybe he likes the feeling it gives him, a little too much. As for how I would feel... I would not be annoyed. Simple as that. Oh and here's my advice to you. I think you should be extremely straight forward with him the next time you contact him. Give him an ultimatum. Tell him he has a choice to make right then and there. Tell him that you do not have time to waste while he figures what he wants. Ask him if he wants to be with you, if he says yes, tell him the games he's playing must stop immediately. And let him know that if he says he's "unsure" or "I don't know what I want," that you are completely done. Leave it at that and move on with your life. Sure, you might not get the answer you're looking for from him. But the truth will set you free. Good luck with everything.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes