Once a cheater, always a cheater. What do you think?

• True
  • False
  • See results
    Vote C

87

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to say yes unfortunately. Having been cheated on myself I notice cheaters tend to justify their behaviors irrationally and rely on what they tell themselves to make what they do ok. This eventually means they feel they are "always right" in whatever they do so if they feel like messing with someone else they will and it'll be ok in their head when it clearly is wrong to do.

What Girls Said 8

• Absolutely true. And I'm not willing to afford someone the benefit of the doubt to test that theory. Being found a cheater is being given a black mark that drives other potential significant others away. It's a horrible stain on the permanent record of your life and it's not forgivable.

• although its true people can change with the right motivation

• Way too black and white.

• Yes, it's true...

• False... I hope

• For the most part, it's true.

• Mostly true

A tiger can't change his stripes

• clearly it depends on the person and why, people in a happy fulfilling relationship dont cheat. I cheated on a guy when i was younger with an ex, he was an ass, found out he cheated on me aswell. Never cheated again 7 years later.

• so all these 7 years you were cheating on others too?:P

• god... no i was not i said. cheating can be an act of irresponsible lust, an act of revenge, a thrill of adventure, a way to make up a lack of sex in a marriage. It is so wrong but way to complex to be generalized.

What Guys Said 6

• I would love to say no, but so far based on what I've seen is a yes. It's a matter of conflict resolution - if you're uncomfortable, do you immediately leave, do you try to negotiate, do you leave after negotiation or do you start cheating with someone else while remaining in the relation and essentially lying to at least one person, or end up dishonest with both? Cheaters often don't cheat without a reason, it's all up to how far you need to go in order for them to cheat, and if they quit before they resort to cheating.

Voted A).

• Split between the 2 as once they meet 'the one' they might stop cheating but even then some people can't help it. Some people would never cheat but even somebody that has never cheated could give in to temptation if the right person or situation came up. U just have to trust until it happens or doesn't happen :-\

• There's always the chance that someone can change. But there's also the chance they won't. Depends on the person.

• Yes it's true. I have cheated while in relationships and I promised I would not do it again, but I did and could not help it. I would tell myself it was wrong but somewhere deep down I didn't really care and keep doing it. Sorry bud.

• No i don't think so. People can change if they really want to

• You didn't need to write filler cause your post was long enough dummy