How do you cut out an annoying ex without being rude about it?

Dated a guy for a year. Caught him flirting with other girls on FB/I think cheating (giving them 'massages'). Broke up with him and said "maybe" we could get back together. He changed it ASAP on Facebook, and we have just been talking. He complains all the time and Im kinda just over it and well I wanted to be friends like before, but today he sent me ""I know you won't want to hear it and probably don't care anymore but I miss you. I miss being us :("

^Im just over it. He also played the whole "Well I didn't know who to talk to when I was sad and I just wanna kill myself and Im so sad and Im sorry that I hurt you and i love you so much" card.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Block him on Facebook if you haven't and cut off all communication with him, and another thing act like he doesn't exist that's what I do with my ex. Just distract yourself and hang out with people and don't pay him any mind, he isn't worth your time. My ex was the same immature, cheated on me, played me, used me, lied to me, etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well he has undie pics of me so that's why I don't wanna like 'cut the cord' and shit but you're right.

• Show All
    • Yea, I never sent nudes. He pressured me so bad, but Im glad I held my own. Can't believe he was such as ass. Thanks doll <3

• Yeah don't do that, my ex one time when we were dating wanted me to take a picture a thong, I said no and he respected that. My ex never pressured me to do that kind of stuff. The problem with him was he was afraid to commitment in a relationship and never made any time for me. And no problem your always welcome gorgeous (:

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• In scenario like this I just start responding with very short messages, like "yes", "no", "everything's okay", "nothing new" etc. If a person starts asking why I'm giving such short responses, I reply with "sorry, busy doing ".
    Eventually a conversation will die, since I don't give any chat material to work with and that person runs out of things to talk about.

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn, typo lol:
      "Busy doing X" -- anything really, like laundry, homework, whatever.

• Thats a good idea. I just don't want to be an ass, but I'm just over him fully. Like I wasn't even happy for the last 4 months. I just would feel like an ass if I left him hanging.
      Think I'll start doing that

• Yeah, I mean if he's a scum bag , it really won't make a difference

What Girls Said 1

• Ugh block him on everything

0|0
    0|0
    • Her*

• Show All
    • Ugh, been there done that. The bottom line is that at some point you'll make the choice to cut them out no matter what. He will then either show them or not show them. No ammount of politeness is going to change that.

• Yea I've been making the conversations bland and boring.
      And nah I don't know, he's creepy now about everything so I have no assumption what he'd do. Thank god he's shitty at using the internet

Recommended myTakes