Does a break from a relationship means a break up permanently?

I told my bf that we need to go on a break but instead he took it that we have broken up.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I understand it doesn't mean you're broken up but I have never seen a couple do the "let's take a break" thing and not have their relationship fall apart at some point.

My advice, don't take breaks. Work it out or actually break up. You can always get back together if that is what both of you feel later on.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, 'A break" doesn't Necessarily mean that it is the "Break" that will Break the bough and the cradle will fall forever. It just means that two people can still Stay as One but just be Apart and take some much needed Space from each other to do some serious soul searching that Desperately Needs to Be the Deciding factor of what the Next step is going to be. And perhaps Baby Steps, after all that is said and done, is all that is Needed to patch it up like a newborn newbie romance.
    Explain this to him. He needs to understand that many times in a relationship where if you Do Not take a Breather it could be a couple's Demise in the end with a smoking gun in hand.
    Good luck, God bless... You are Definitely doing the right thing, rather than jump the gun, lanyaboo... xx