Does a break from a relationship means a break up permanently?

I told my bf that we need to go on a break but instead he took it that we have broken up.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• From what I understand it doesn't mean you're broken up but I have never seen a couple do the "let's take a break" thing and not have their relationship fall apart at some point.

My advice, don't take breaks. Work it out or actually break up. You can always get back together if that is what both of you feel later on.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, 'A break" doesn't Necessarily mean that it is the "Break" that will Break the bough and the cradle will fall forever. It just means that two people can still Stay as One but just be Apart and take some much needed Space from each other to do some serious soul searching that Desperately Needs to Be the Deciding factor of what the Next step is going to be. And perhaps Baby Steps, after all that is said and done, is all that is Needed to patch it up like a newborn newbie romance.
    Explain this to him. He needs to understand that many times in a relationship where if you Do Not take a Breather it could be a couple's Demise in the end with a smoking gun in hand.
    Good luck, God bless... You are Definitely doing the right thing, rather than jump the gun, lanyaboo... xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• To me it does, I quickly move onto the next and forget my past ever happened
    Start fresh and erase all memories

Past is the past for a reason, to start fresh I see nothing wrong with forgetting a person and the baggage of memories that are useless

0|0
    0|0
  • It means, to me, time apart to re-evaluate your future together. You need that space to think about the possiblities and also whether you miss the other person or not.

I had one for about four months with my gf, we decided that we wanted to keep trying and so did, and were together for another ten years.

booksandbling.com/.../we-were-on-a-break.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • 99% of cases, "a break" means it's over. There is no fixing it. It's just a more slow and painful way of doing it, but the result is the same.
    If there was a way to fix any issues, a break wouldn't be necessary and it wouldn't help.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me it does.

0|0
    0|0
  • When a girl says it, yeah it does.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes