Which one is worse: getting led on or getting broken up with?

I imagine it to be a curve like a U as it hurts a lot early on because your hopes are high up and it also hurts a lot late because of all the time you have spent together. So it's sort of like this shape: www.google.com/search for how much it hurts.

That's my prediction. However, I have no experience. Which one is it folks?

• Led On
  • Breakup
  • Equally Bad
    Vote C

26

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been led on before and then out of the blue my ex had broken up with me. It was being chewed up and spit out pretty much. I felt used and could never trust him ever again. Its like they just pull the rug out right from underneath you. Both of them suck actually it hurts a lot too. I would describe my break up as a shot right in the heart or a slap in the face because I didn't see it coming. I don't like it when high school boys led girls on, like if you aren't going to treat her right leave her alone and just let her be.

• Same with high school girls - the ones that play games and shit. That's actually my biggest fear - getting led on by a girl.

• My ex led me on I didn't lead him on whatsoever I should've left sooner so I wouldn't have gotten hurt. I don't lead people on in relationships. He's the one that isn't mature enough in a relationship and doesn't know what he wants. I told you I don't lead people on my ex led me on, I don't do that in relationships and I don't make up some dumb cliche called "its not you, its me"

Most Helpful Guy

• Led on for sure. Being broken up with can mean that you had a solid relationship at one point but something happened to cause you to drift apart. Being led on is being lied to.

What Girls Said 1

• Being led on. I've had that happen to me before and it was definitely worse than being broken up with in my opinion.

• I am actually a little surprised by the results. I thought this was going to be a fairly even poll. 7-1...(thinking Germany vs Brazil here lol).

Okay then...

What Guys Said 5

• I put led on. Nothing worse than finding out that all the time, energy, and feeling you put into a person was for a literal waste. You don't even get a chance to enjoy the ride like you do with the other. It's like crashing your car before you leave the driveway.

• Yeah, personally I think the three worst ways to get hurt is:

1. getting led on
      2. getting cheated on
      3. getting broken up with due to GIGS (usually applicable to 2+-year relationships)

The thing about each of these is there is very little indication, if any, of it happening. It's very sudden and heartbreaking.

• I think you can get led on and then broken up all in one relationship. The true relationship could be over, yet it continues half-halfheartedly on one side and the other person is essentially still being led on. If I had to choose between the two, a breakup is worse. A break up means you have loved and lost, being led on may just be in your head and your thinking is not completely stable. my opinion

• if you get broken up with someone that didn't led you on you can feel that you both don't connect anymore and so you are rdy for the impact, led on includes more emotions and it hurts your trust aswell which is worse.

led on

• Being led on sucks. Being broken up with sucks. Out of the two I would say being led on is more sucky. To find out someone doesn't share the same general feelings as you, just sucks.

• I'd choose to be broken up with than be led on.