How do guys and girls react to break ups? Both guys and girls opinions needed.

I want to see what both guys and girls do after theyre break ups.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It's always a shock in the beginning because there is an empty space beside you and you really feel that. You lose someone that is deeply connected to your life on so many levels. I retreat and constantly talk about it in my head. I usually emerge after a few days and try to get my life going again. When I was younger, I would go out partying and drinking just to stop myself thinking about it so much. I recently broke up with someone but the relationship had run its course. I feel good and bad about it but I am truly done with it. I do miss the sex but I will deal with that. I don't do the "I miss you" texting or calling. I just take my fabulousness with me in another direction.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was devastated when my ex broke up with me, she dumped me and I couldn't see it coming.. the day she dumped me we had sex and in the morning she even told me that she loved me.. in the evening she called me crying saying: "I don't know if I love you anymore". I was shocked and didn't know what to do, I met her and I thought we could talk things out.. but the only option in her eyes was breaking up with me.. It hurt, I lost my best friend and my lover. We talked about moving out, how we'd get married some day and how we'd name our kids.. I just didn't see it coming.

• I'm curious.. how long did it take you to get over her? Or what did u do to make you feel a bit better. I'm in a similar situation :(

• We broke up in March and I decided to stop all contact (delete from FB, cellphone etc.) about three months ago, I'm good right now, but it can also have something to do with the fact that I started dating this other cute girl so it's hard to say. But you just have to ask yourself, can it really work again? For me the answer was no and that was enough for me to move on.