What does it mean when a guy says the relationship is over but still calling and texting everyday?

Im/was in a relationship with a guy for a year now. We are both in our late 40s. I am separated with 3 grown up daughters while he just came out from long relationship. At the beginning, he pursued me like crazy. Calling and texting almost every hour of the day. He spent a a lot on me and he also tried to help me financially. At first, I wasn't really attracted to him and told him quite bluntly that I wasn't ready for a relationship. I told him about my insecurities and trust issues. In fact I have told him everything that could possibly made him don't want me. But he was determined and finally, I gave in. We met on a social networking. He confessed his love only just 3 days into the friendship. After few months into the relationship, I really fell in love with him. And that where problems started. My insecurities and trust got the best of me. And to make matter worse, my pms causing me to have mood swings and anger outburst. I admit I must have made him feel suffocated by my constant questions about why he was always online. Sometimes his explanation doesn't make sense to me. The final straw came when I asked him about a female friend of his on social networking who seem to be close to him. I added her and told her I was his girlfriend but instead she said "isn't he gay" which of course I said no. She didn't accept my friendship request. That only made me feel there was something going one. After a huge fight about her and my demand that he deleted her which he did, he was never the same. He was cold and distance. His calls and texts became less but still everyday. Finally I asked him whether he was losing interest. And he said he has closed his heart for me and that the relationship was gone. He said with my doubt and trusting issues, the relationship will never work. But what puzzled me is that he is still contacting me everyday and still support me financially. What should I do?

01