Seriously, is no contact good?

What does no contact do to a guy?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• When you do no contact, the entire point is for you to be able to get over the other. And you get to the point of needing no contact only when things are so bad in a relationship that it is warranted.

It is a tough choice in a lose/lose situation. In this case, you are trying to come out with minimal damage to yourself. There are no winners, just survivors when no contact is employed--I think any recipient of no contact, if real feelings were involved, gets hurt by the action.

So while it is quite kind of you to wonder about how it affects the guy--unfortunately, at the point of no contact, it is beside the point. If you want to enter the situation and leave things as healthy as possible (always commendable), then don't just suddenly stop communicating. Tell the guy the reason why you think you can't currently speak to them. If you are open to someday communicating with them again, tell them that--but that it will be when you are ready and when or if you choose to do it. Say goodbye, then leave it at that.

At that point, you need to focus on yourself--because that's the point of this action, to get yourself emotionally stabilized and healthy. The guy needs to be an adult and do the same if his feelings are injured.

What Guys Said 3

• No contact's the best! It allows each other to move on without any disturbances. A lot of people don't like going "on and off" and a lot of the time, the couple just fights over the break up just "trying to be friends." Plus if you hang out with an ex it may turn off new potential dates because it can be very suspicious. Imagine going on a date with a guy and then the next day you text him and he's "hanging out with his ex." It just doesn't look right. By having no contact, you can successfully move on with your life. Very few break ups are civil enough to workout "just being friends." It's a hard thing to go through for some, but for others, it's the best thing ever.

• It's gonna make me feel a little glum for about a week, then I'm gonna get on with my life.

• Even if its a serious long term relationship where you're in love, but its just not working

• If I've become worthless enough to them that ignoring me instead of discussing and resolving our issues has become an option, to me that's an ending point.

• Denial, Anger, Depression, Acceptance (no Bargaining unless it's with ourselves)

Note that Acceptance is moving on with our newfound freedom.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on what your goal is out of nc

• I've always wondered that too, I guess it just gives you time to heal and so you can move on