What would make you take back an ex?

Hi there,

Just wanted to know what triggers would make you want to take back an ex. What would you like to see in them and what would give you the butterflies again?

Basically what will bring back the magic?

Thanks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing can create a spark. It comes naturally and the sucky part is that usually if it's gone, it's not coming back. Both times my past relationships failed is because either I lost my feelings or the guy did. Years later and my feelings haven't resurfaced and neither did their feelings if it's the scenario of them losing attraction for me. If it was possible to rekindle those romantic feelings and butterflies then heck, I'd be the first to know as I know what it's like to fall for someone who doesn't feel the same.

Unless both partners are still inside the relationship, chances are low that anything will change. As much as that hurts. The only times ex's seem to come back is when they realize that they miss you and need you in their life OR if there was a fight of some kind and one partner acted on emotion but still loved you deep down but unfortunately this doesn't always happen. In fact, judging from the many forums I'm on dealing with breaking up and relationships, it seems like it usually does NOT happen.

Use this as a motivation to move on.

0|1
    1|0
    • I got to agree with you there.

Also keep in mind that you will NEVER be able to get back what you had. Compare it to shattering a window. You can piece it together as it one was, but the cracks will show. Or you could create something new out of ut.
      Either way, you will never get back to the past.

So really, trying to get back an ex after a real breakup is both a bad idea and likely to not work. Much better to learn from the event, and use the knowledge when moving on.

• Exactly! I actually just yesterday had a conversation with a guy I was hopelessly in love with for the longest time. We used to date. I asked for friendship and he said he could try but it will never be the same ever :( He said it keeps reminding him of the past and then it makes it difficult for him to move on. I didn't understand any of this till I heard him say those words to me and then I realized that it will never be the same who am I kidding.

It hurts but you got to face the facts and understand that they simply are NOT meant to be for you. There will be someone for you out there who is much better for you and more suitable cause they'd feel the same about you as you feel for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the situation mate. Im going through the same thing, desperately want her back but agonisingly coming to the realisation that there is nothing I can do, and if she wants it to happen, only she can do it! I know how much it hurts!!!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Nothing can make me take that person back, once our book is done its done. Why even go back, that's like reading the same story over and over again when you already know how it ends. I think the only time an ex comes back is when they miss you, but sometimes they don't actually miss you they miss the "benefits" of having you already and they'll just string you along, trust me I've been there. An ex is an ex for a reason no I will not take him back. If he changed he changed oh well people change in relationships, feelings fade, and the relationship drifts apart. I put my all into my relationship with my ex. He did nothing but sit back and drink some lean and lie and cheat on me and play me and all that stuff. I hate having to the hear the same lies over and over again when I already know the truth. I don't care if that person did change for the better, then good on them. But I will not be stupid enough to take someone back that doesn't deserve me. If it didn't work out the second time, why would it work out the third time, or whatever time? What's done is done, I'm going to move on with my life and never look back. I leave exes in the past, I don't talk to them or anything I act like they don't exist sad but true it worked for me. I know what I want in and out of a relationship and I know who I want. I'm not going to settle for less than what I deserve. If he broke up with me then that's his loss. I'm not gong to make myself look stupid and chase him around school, its done. Move on and go out and meet new people and socialize and talk to them. I've had enough of being mistreated and stuff I don't deserve that, no young women does. I mean yes it hurt me for a while but I just had to deal with it and take baby steps. I've already healed and so proud of myself, it just took me a while to realize that I was being mistreated, used, played, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally to see my ex genuinely happy would make me interested again. (If there was no cheating involved)

I simple mutual conversation talking about life... That'll give me the chance to see if the person has matured from what he was when we were dating and it'll show how I matured.
    When I say I love you I will always love that person. I don't believe in when the spark is gone it's gone... Or the was never sparks in the first placed... It maybe REALLY FREAKING dimmed !!

It definitely depends on the situation that occurred to cause the break up

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing... Honestly nothing is gonna change my mind and have thoughts about getting back with an ex... I'm not the kind of person who gives second chances because I've given him my trust and if he blew it away.. It's his loss.. And getting back with a person who broke your heart? I don't think so.. I mean why would someone be stupid enough to want to get hurt again [ just saying ] If I were them I would just avoid the pain and just find someone else who I can give my trust and won't break my heart again...

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing my EX is the EXample of false love...
    EX'S are Ex for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not damn thing

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Nothing
    once something is broken.. always gonna see the cracks.
    and it will end up impacting on the relationship as ya try (and fail) to be what you were

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes