What would make you take back an ex?

Hi there,

Just wanted to know what triggers would make you want to take back an ex. What would you like to see in them and what would give you the butterflies again?

Basically what will bring back the magic?

Thanks.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing can create a spark. It comes naturally and the sucky part is that usually if it's gone, it's not coming back. Both times my past relationships failed is because either I lost my feelings or the guy did. Years later and my feelings haven't resurfaced and neither did their feelings if it's the scenario of them losing attraction for me. If it was possible to rekindle those romantic feelings and butterflies then heck, I'd be the first to know as I know what it's like to fall for someone who doesn't feel the same.

Unless both partners are still inside the relationship, chances are low that anything will change. As much as that hurts. The only times ex's seem to come back is when they realize that they miss you and need you in their life OR if there was a fight of some kind and one partner acted on emotion but still loved you deep down but unfortunately this doesn't always happen. In fact, judging from the many forums I'm on dealing with breaking up and relationships, it seems like it usually does NOT happen.

Use this as a motivation to move on.

• I got to agree with you there.

Also keep in mind that you will NEVER be able to get back what you had. Compare it to shattering a window. You can piece it together as it one was, but the cracks will show. Or you could create something new out of ut.
      Either way, you will never get back to the past.

So really, trying to get back an ex after a real breakup is both a bad idea and likely to not work. Much better to learn from the event, and use the knowledge when moving on.

• Exactly! I actually just yesterday had a conversation with a guy I was hopelessly in love with for the longest time. We used to date. I asked for friendship and he said he could try but it will never be the same ever :( He said it keeps reminding him of the past and then it makes it difficult for him to move on. I didn't understand any of this till I heard him say those words to me and then I realized that it will never be the same who am I kidding.

It hurts but you got to face the facts and understand that they simply are NOT meant to be for you. There will be someone for you out there who is much better for you and more suitable cause they'd feel the same about you as you feel for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the situation mate. Im going through the same thing, desperately want her back but agonisingly coming to the realisation that there is nothing I can do, and if she wants it to happen, only she can do it! I know how much it hurts!!!