Is she not strong enough or did she never care like I thought she did? Why not give me closure?

I dated a girl 5 years. Woman of my dreams. Proposed, we moved in, life happened, she moved back to her city missing home. Wasn't an us problem. We had our issues and bumps but I had made a pact to put it right and was on it. I've come to terms with the fact that she is codependant and a serial monogamist. She can't be alone. loved her regardless. I don't doubt she loved me. Within a month she was back with a hs bf. things went back and forth with us, it was complicated to keep it short. A lot of things were told to me "nothing's the same without you, my feelings haven't changed for you, I hope you don't completely give up on me." The guy dumped her and we sort of reconciled. After two visits all of a sudden "I don't wanna be with anybody I have nothing to offer... neither one of us wants to see the other with someone else...". Then bam, miss I have nothing to offer is back with mr. super clingy and the most encouraging supportive gf etc...9 months later he's her "first and last love". After a few months we got back in touch... I even randomly heard from her on a Friday night... weird. Despite it, I loved her. She's not a bad person. Upon some unsolicited advice to follow my heart, I wrote a short letter. "I've dated am dating, I miss you" And some other things... said I'm not expecting or trying to convince... just following my heart. Out of respect I told her I was going to send her this and missed her. "I'm not sure what to say." but didn't object. The only thing I got back was who was our mutual friend that gave me the advice... told her I had tried the right way get her engaged in things again at one point but I soon accepted she's with someone else. Never been single more than 2 months since 15(she's 27). She thinks things should be easier, we all. I've been tryin to let go... I don't understand why she wouldn't help with that after messin with my head like she did. Put me down or save me, don't let me die a slow death.

FYI i was torn between a career opp i had worked years for and going with her. Didn't know what to do and she was unhappy in my city. Once bymyself with time to think I realized very quickly I wanted to go be with her. I didn't blink and he was there

02