Should I forgive him or not?

i leave my boyfriend of 2 weeks and when i come back i find out he slept with my best friend. Should i forgive him or not?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No dont
    Never

0|0
    0|0
    • its really hard to just let them GO

• Hard to let them go happens when:
      U have had a relationship for four years and u just have to break up due to long distance not because of cheating or fading feelings...
      He simply disrespected you. Not only him, she did too.. Simply tell them gtfo and go out find new people who respect u

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I know there a saying forgive and forget but you personally won't get past this betrayal from both your best friend and boyfriend. You'll constantly doubt yourself, suspect somethings up, or waste your time since you're setting yourself up to get hurt and taken advantage of. They clearly don't respect you at all; you deserve to find someone that makes you feel special and a better person. GL; it's easy to get a girlfriend or boyfriend; it's hard to find the one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if you were in some sort of 'break up' situation with your boyfriend for those 2 weeks, then he 'technically' didn't do anything wrong by sleeping with someone else. But if you meant you left for 2 weeks as in you just went out of town or something, then that is a horrific betrayal.

However, even if you were in a break up situation, the fact that it was with your best friend is an insult to you and your feelings by BOTH of them. Especially your best friend. You can't forgive that, even though it will SUCK to cut them out of your life. But that is unacceptable behaviour. You need to establish parameters for how you are willing to be treated, and having people completely disregard your feelings shows you exactly where you stand to both of them. Shitty, but true, and you really should try and take the steps necessary to rebuild from this without either of them.

So you should not forgive him. And you should not forgive your best friend. That was a betrayal of you, 100%.

0|0
    0|0
    • i was on holiday

• Yeah... that's a zero chance of forgiveness situation for both parties. That sucks so badly for you :(

• Throw them both away.

0|0
    0|0
    • i know i should but I've known my best friend since grade 2

• Fuck no don't forgive him. You deserve better:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, well, I would hope you wouldn't

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Fuq dat!!

Best Friend. I Feel like this is worst then the boyfriend. You've know her forever that's ultimate betrayal and no class !!

You know the damn answer to the question , you being less than smart. Of course forgive him!!! Why would you want to hold on to the hurt. But whether you want either of them back in your lives are on you!! Give it time!!

Goodluck !!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am sorry for you as this must be really tough. Yes you can forgive them both but don't have them in your life anymore.

If you continue to have them in your life, you will ALWAYS be suspicious of their actions even if it's purely innocent. He doesn't care that much for you to do that with your best friend. Your best friend doesn't care that much for you to do that with your boyfriend. The pattern is that neither of them care about you that much - no respect for your feelings, no respect for your love and no respect for your friendship. You all need to move on in different directions from each other. I am quite certain that you can do so much better than them both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no! That's pure evil. Sorry your going through that :(

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes