Being with Mr. Wrong better than being alone?

Does anyone else find that sometimes you'll settle and be with someone that you know isn't good for you for fear of being alone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Add pregnancy to that equation, and ask yourself that question again.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I call it the emotional girl that has no self respect who will keep together with a f** cause of her fear to feel alone.

a lot of girls in my age are desperate and want to jump in a relationship, even a bad one just to tell her friends she is not alone and some bullshit

1|0
    0|0
      a girl is the more emotional human whilst a guy tends to be intellectual.

a lot of girls make their decisions leaded by how they feel whilst a guy...
      making emotional decisions is always a stupid decision that will lead you somewhere you don't want to be.

• I take it you're concerned that you're doing this? Or perhaps you are intentionally?

I wouldn't. You'll feel a little alone while single, but you'll feel better about yourself in a way -- and you'll feel much better when you meet the person who doesn't give you such concerns.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've no fear of being alone.

OTOH, some reliable hot sex would be quite nice.

1|1
    0|1
  • It depends on why they're wrong. You don't want to be with someone who makes you completely miserable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather be alone than be worth someone I'm not that into.

0|0
    0|0
  • if being with a certain person makes you unhappy you can be better alone, I believe we don't need someone to be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I can think of no worse fate. I love being by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's just wrong and leading the fellow on...

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes I agree that if you have no feelings it is wrong, but what I meant (maybe I worded it wrong) was that at some point you start to feel that maybe they're not particularly healthy for you, and you dont have the self respect to call it off.

• Show All
    • Yeah, that's what im doing. Thank you

• You're welcome, and rewording made a huge difference. :)

• They're are plenty of good guys out there, but they're not attractive enough and/or make enough money for women. Also a lot of women will look past personality and compatibility if the guy is attractive and/or has money. They hope that they will be able to "mold him" to their liking.

0|0
    4|0
    • While I do agree that some women are that way, that seems like a bit of a generalization. I personally don't care about looks or money. Of course they can't be appalling, and in terms of money, a think a man should do his best becauae it makes a difference with his own self esteem

• Well when women are usually with Mr. wrong its almost always because he has money/ and or looks that in some women's eyes makes up for the other things that are looked at as red flags like a poor personality, prone to cheat, etc.

• Well I will have to take your word for that as I am not that way. My ex boyfriend was 14 years older than me, all grey hair, and was unemployed when I started dating him. I still love him very much, but he refuses to grow up, and feels it is necessary to be with his friends each and every single day

What Girls Said 8

• I have already settled before and being with the wrong person will make you feel empty and alone because you are not getting what you deserve. I would much rather be alone than feel alone. Being sinle is not so bad I have been this way for ever year and I will continue to be that way until I find the right guy or he happens to come along but I definitely will not settle.

0|0
    0|1
  • "Es mejor estar sola que mal acompañada."

It's better to be alone than in bad company. .

2|2
    0|0
  • Better to be home alone than home wishing you were alone.

2|1
    1|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
    • I almost settled for mr. wrong because I was 18 and never had a boyfriend and honestly I regret even kissing him it's a huge regret for me. He was an asshole and had a huge ego while being below average in looks and disrespectful. He told me he cared about me a lot and went on anad on about how pretty and special he thought I was at the party and as soon as I left the party he got a bj from another girl, disgusting! Don't put up with scrubs! BUT around two months later I met my dream guy! tall, blonde, gorgeous classical musician and feminist and he's recently been scouted for modelling best of all he'd do anything for me and I'd do the same for him... also he rocks at giving oral haahaha. The point is If I was wasting my time with that one asshole just so I didn't have to be single I wouldn't have been available when Mr. OHH SO RIGHT came along!! which would have been terrible because being with Mr. right is bliss when you find him.

• being with mr. right > being with mr. good enough > being single > being mr. wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather stay depressed and alone as it is

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it is not. Sometimes is better to be alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I do not settle which is why I'm still single

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes