Does he actually love me, or really just not care as he's now ignoring me?

I've been with my now ex boyfriend about half a year. everthing was perfect or seemed so. no arguments and doing everthing together (although not overly so, we still had 2/3 nights a week with our friends or just alone) he would constantly make a lot of effort to spend time with me, told me he loved me and lucky to have me and generally was the perfect man... but...

Last week he split up with me completel out the blue, by text, and now won't speak at all. im so upset i have no idea where it came from. he says he doesn't know if he wants a girfriend right now so must not have feelings or be bothered anymore and i should find someone better soon.

so after this he blocks me on Facebook and whatsapp too! (and no i hadn't kept messaging on them, I've sent him two texts and called three times ) - if he's not bothered as he claims why go to such effort.

he spoke to his friend and said only good things about the relationship and that i made him very happy. as indeed, everyone would say we seemed great together and very happy.

he's got a new job with a lot of travel and a young child. has he just got overwhelmed? or genuinely just never cared and its all been a lie? help!!!
He

10