Guys, would you ever break up with a girl because of her sexuality?

Hehro (: Umm, please pretend there is a girl you really liked/loved because she's everything youve ever wanted? o: she's sweet, pretty, caring, smart... umm... I dont know what you guys would want in a girl... u_u And so you fall for her? Then, you get into a relationship, because it turns out she really likes you!(: After some time, your relationship is truly amazing and both of you are having a lovely time... but then, she confesses she isn't straight! O: What would you do? o: Would you stay, leave, or anything else... and if you can, please explain why?(: Thank you very much! :)^_^

• Hell yes I would break up... anything other than straight is gros as shit :/
    Vote A
  • I would leave her because (please comment below why)
    Vote B
  • I mean, it would matter... but if I truly loved her, I would stay regardless
    Vote C
  • Her sexuality wouldn't make any difference to me
    Vote D
  • I would stay because (please explain why below)7
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Please excuse my mispellings! o:
Umm, by not straight, I dont mean lebanese! ;_; She loves you back, she is simply just not straight (bisexual, for example)! o:

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for clarifying. I certainly would leave a lesbian because I'm not able to provide what she is seeking. A bisexual woman wouldn't be a problem for me. Her liking women doesn't change the fact that we could have a healthy relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yay, Im glad!(: I hope most guys feel this way :c

• There's little reason for a guy to be bothered about it aside from those who genuinely are disapproving of non-heteronormative sexuality. Anyone who isn't offended by that will likely not care. Even though a partner may be into other women sexually, it is little different from dating a straight woman in that at the end of the day, they may be attracted to other people no matter what

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I would leave her. Not because of her sexuality but because she was untruthful to me. I would think by the time we officially go together and to the point that I felt committed and invested in her she would have spoken up about it. This usually comes when you make small talk about sex, fantasies and experiences. So she would have had many instances to let me know ahead of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would break up with a girl if she was a full-blown lesbian. Respect it all day, but that's like me dating a gay dude. If you're not sexually attracted to each other, what's the point? Sex is the main difference between love and friendship.

1|1
    0|0
    • I understand!(: Umm, what if she was bi?
      o:

• Totally different story if she's bi. That would leave the possibility for her to be attracted to me. And if she was a lesbian we could still be really good friends, but you can't have a true relationship with someone who isn't sexually attracted to you. It has nothing to do with my feelings towards homosexuality, I'm cool with everyone. They just can't date me, that's all, and why would they even want to?

• A man can rarely get enough sex from a woman to keep him happy, at the best of times. Having to share her with another woman wouldn't work so well, and I'd get even less.

0|0
    1|0
  • Pretty much if she was still sexually attracted to me, then it wouldn't matter what else she's sexually attracted to.

I don't want to run through the whole GLBTQ alphabet (yes I know it's longer than that), but the point is, if I'm still attracted to her, and she's still attracted to me then the rest doesn't matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • It has been has been hard enough wrapping my mind around people's brains being wired to be attracted to the same sex. It makes even less sense to me that they would be wired both ways. Not making a statement about right or wrong, or any judgment, just saying it does not makes sense to me. However, regardless of the reasoning behind it, the bisexuals that I have been friends with have not been satisfied restricting themselves to relationships with one sex. They need to have it both ways. So they cannot remains happy and faithful to one person. Because of that, I would not try to have a serious relationship with a bisexual.

0|0
    3|0
    • Oh, I completely understand your reasoning behind this whole situation. But Sir, with all due respect, you can't simply say that about all bisexuals based solely on a few bad experiences because some are not like that at all! o: (for example, im shy enough for even one relationship). Umm, if the girl was the most faithful person on the planed... would you still mimd? o:

• Show All
    • *mind^_^

• I was not talking about a "few bad experiences". Most of the bisexual girls I have know were just friends, not lovers. And I have know many, not just a few.

And even if you feel now that one relationship is enough for you, you may likely start missing the other way in the future. Like if a heterosexual couple was in a relationship and he wanted oral and she would not do it. He might start thinking that was okay, but after a while it will get on his mind a lot and he will try to change her mind. When she does not agree, he will feel it is something he is missing too much and then start looking for it elsewhere. Same thing with your interest in sex with gals.

• Well, if she was gay then that would be different because no matter what it would not be able to work. I she was bi, I would probably get upset for a little bit just because she had gone so long and not mentioned it. Honestly, though in a situation like you put I would get over and we would work things out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care what her sexuality preference is as long as we both love one another :3
    It wouldn't bother me so long as she wasn't having sex with any other men/women ^_^

1|0
    0|0
  • well i think that means that you can´t reciprocate the feelings, he has for you. given that a guy has fallen in love with you at that point he would have to break up with you, because if you love somebody and he won´t ever love you back the same way, it´s just hell on earth. i couldn´t take it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im sorry, i dont understand o: I am just scared a boy wouldn't like me because Im bi :( ;_;

• Show All
    • a lot of guys will dream of a ffm threesome :D so you even got some plus points over a straight gitl ^^

• (#^.^#) I guess... u_u Heehee, thanks!(:

• Personally it doesn't bother me, its just a potential attraction to more people, but if she were to cheat or anything excessively dishonest like that because of it that might make me end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't understand what you want to say. you are bi? cause if you are lesbian and lead a person on is pretty bad.
    if you are bi just say it in the first date

0|0
    0|0
  • If my girl friend tells me that she is bi, I would support her by doing what I can to help her understand herself. Even if I can't marry her, I would love have her as a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like if she was gay? Of course I would leave. I want a girl that wants you know what.

0|0
    0|0
    • No, she's not gay, just bi!! o:

• Show All
    • I so don't expect perfection :)

• Okay (:

• Bisexual, don't mind. Lesbian I do mind because there would be no sex then.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have absolutely no problem dating bi or pan girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay aslong as she isn't gay :P Because then whats the point? :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd break up cause she don't want my D. And I'm a sexual ass guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would stay

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I am bisexual and I would hope a guy would not leave me for that. I am not an unfaithful person nor do I ever hope to be.

1|0
    0|0
    • Me either, I hope I boy wouldn't leave me! ;_;

• Show All
    • "It just is" - I'm saying that it's neutral. It's not cool but it's not uncool, ya' know?

• I agree!^_^ I remember in middle school all of the girls said they were bi ;~;

• "lebanese" lol awww.. you're cute :3

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys would and some wouldn't. Most find that "hot."

Lebanese... you do realize that that is a nationality right? You must mean "lesbian"

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm pansexual and I've never had a problem with any guys leaving me because of it, but I make it a point not to date bigots

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes