Do you think women just stop caring for their guys once they become a mother?

Conversely, do guys just forget the women in their lives after screwing them and making them pregnant (specially if unmarried and with 'options')?

89

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think so.
    When a woman has a baby her maternal instinct kicks in. In the same way if you left a child with the dad, he knows that has to feed it, wash it, change it, etc. It's just more natural for the mother to take that role.

I wouldn't say they stop caring. After all the man helped to make their baby, but for both parents their time are consumed elsewhere. A lot of women I know who have children (I don't) say that they still go on date nights, they get a babysitter. They cuddle on the sofa together as a family, at night when everyone's settled they are still romantic with each other. It's just that your time is focused in other places (baby, work, housework, medical appointments, etc) that generally speaking, night time is the bonding time.

• How old are these women you're referring to? How long have they been in a relationship or married?

• My age and up - early twenties, some as late as 40s. I mean do you want individuals names and dates? It really is a range - some of them have been together a couple of years, the biggest relationship length I can think of is about 18 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• A woman isn't an automaton. She doesn't just "Stop caring" for the man she has pledged her life to.

But a man can become complacent in his relationship with her, and stop showing her the tender mercies she desperately needs from him.

Basically, it goes like this: If, as the man, you get complacent and comfortable and stop showing her the love you showed her when you were dating, she will grow away from you, and yes, it will be quite easy for her to shower her needed affections on her child.

If you do your due diligence, (And dare I say, if you truly ever did love her in the first place, like you should love the woman you are going to live the rest of your life with) and you show her how much you love her, not once a year on your anniversary but appreciate everything she does for you, who she IS as a person, and the little things you love about her- and do it often FROM YOUR HEART, in true warmth of loving spirit for your mate, then there is no possibility she will just suddenly begin ignoring you over the infant.

It's not in her to do so, it is her loving essence to return true affection that you give her from the gratitude of your heart, that she is in your life.

Men make a grave error in forgetting this.

• I 99% agree. Men should absolutely do those things.
      The 1% is because I've spoken to mothers who had a great relationship with her husband and they told me, after a long day of the baby touching her and pulling for her. When dad got home, she didn't want to be touched. I personally feel that was just an excuse, but I'm curious how much validity there is to it.

• @kheserthorpe
      "Families have become child focused to a degree that is I think destroying marriages and ironically hurting children."

Somebody say, "Amen!" Alas this is all too true.

• Let me tell you guys something, and listen carefully.

Feminists are demanding what men should be giving women in the first place: Respect and admiration.

If you're not giving your wife that, then you WILL reap the reward: A cold bed and empty heart.

Period.