My ex boyfriend is threatening to commit suicide. What should I do? Should I tell a family member of his, or just ignore him?

He's been saying it for a week now he said he's not making it past halloween. The threats started sounding more serious after i told him i went out with a new guy. Is this just a silly mind game?
  • Warn one of his family members
  • Just ignore his threats its probably just a game of his
He is 24 years old and i am 19 years old. He has a daughter he never gets to see might that take part in his sadness?

66

Most Helpful Guy

• I am of two minds.

1) Never take that lightly, b/c you never know

2) He is doing this b/c you dumped him and are seeing someone else, so he is being a bitch. Tell him to "do that shit outside, so the poor bastard who has to clean it up can just use the hose"

Sorry... I hate drama queens who threaten suicide bc someone dumped them.

• Your first break up, especially if it was a pretty long relationship really can feel like your life is over though. You still believe in fairy tale love and when you feel like your entire world is built around her it can be devastating to have your entire notion of "true love" and "love at first sight" fairy tale versions of love, be ripped to shreds and everything you feel matters in life, suddenly not be there any more. It feels like you don't know which way is up and which way is down any more. Or at least I did. It really can feel like there is no point in living anymore.

• That is true, my first breakup was fairly devastating. But I never whined about how I was going to kill myself to her, after she told me she had found someone else.