Have you ever been rejected by someone you really like?

I just told my best friend of 5 years that I think that I'm in love with her and she told me she's sorry but she "doesn't feel the same way". Safe to say I feel like an absolute idiot. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Yes, it was pretty bad
  • Yes, but it wasn't too bad
  • No, never
    Vote C

102

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I told the first one after about eight months of obsessing over him secretly and he said no. Thats okay. I told my second one I liked him online on the last day of school and he said he is concentrating on sports and education, doesn't talk to girls outside of school, and also won't date until grade eleven or twelve. I told him I got over him but I havent. He told his friends but they don't tell me (except one of them) and his friend hints that he knows by asking me to cuddle with him. He also has started to be such a major jerk these past few weeks its horrible.

What Girls Said 9

• never, because i dont tell them unless they happen to like me too, which obviously doesn't end in rejection.

• This generally doesn't work as well for guys.

• yeah i know. y'all r the ones expected to approach as well which makes it more or less unavoidable=/

• but hey, y'all dont wax or give birth so i think you'll b alright:P

• Yes, it sucked so much. I was devastated. But time heals all wounds and it healed mine with that.

• Sigh... everyone goes through it. You're not alone :/

• Yes, I think most people have been rejected some time in their lives. It's the worst feeling in the world but time will make it better, youäll see :)

• I have. We been talking for some time, I mean for very day for a long time. Flirting, calling each other and all that. Than all of a sudden the nigga says sorry but there's some one else.!! Like serousily, I was so heart Brookn and rejected I cryed myself till I fall asleep. I'm fine now. I guess. He broke up with thr bitch yesterday

• Yes, and you feel humiliated and so hurt, if you could fit down a crack in the ground you would find your way down, are you still remaining friends?

• I'm not sure. We haven't talked since I told her.

• I tend to choose who I like very carefully. So far, I've been successful. lol

• Yup it sucked

• Oh yes. Mine wasn't as bad as yours but needless to say I felt like a complete moron.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, a few times actually. I felt kinda stupid lol. But I got over it, plenty of fish in the sea.

• A few times...