Ex boyfriend left his email logged onto my laptop... and as ashamed as I am about reading his chats, I'm now super confused :/?

So my boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago. Things were rocky but not unfixable in my opinion. Despite my begging, he says he wants to stay broken up because he apparently doesn't see it getting any better and he doesn't make me happy. So
I haven't been on one of my laptops for a while. When I finally opened it this morning, I was surprised to see he left his gmail logged on. My heart was racing. Yes... I snooped.. I know. I'm a bad person. Shit on me..
BUT, when I read his chats, ALL he does is talk about me! And it's not even bad stuff. He seemed to be having a really hard time with the break up, almost like he's forcing it against his own will. He claims he cries every day. He even went on to say that if I were to see him, he would instantly get back together with me. This goes against everything he's been telling me!!! Wtf? Why is he doing this if I'm begging him to work it out and he clearly misses me?

(And yes, I logged out.)

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe there is a point in every relationship where one has to consider what your aims are, and where you see the two of you in a certain time.

Considering you're in the age where people often look for the person they want to spend their life with, what if he believes that the two of you in the longer perspective wouldn't work? Didn't he do the right thing then?

• I just don't get it though.. We were in love. We spent all of our free time together. Sure we had our fights but what couple doesn't? Up until the end he used to stare at me and say "God I love you so much". I can't understand why a man would want to leave that. He did used to always talk about how he knows he'll never be enough for me and how he'll never make me happy. But I did all I could to show him otherwise. I just don't get this whole thing..

• What about kids? Marriage?

Why did he feel he would never be enough for you and never make you happy?

• Well he's very emotional. He's in the process of seeking therapy for his depression. It caused us to fight more and sometimes I didn't handle it well. He would get really nasty, and it would piss me off. But when times were good, they were so perfect... He was truly my best friend. And I've never felt that way about a boyfriend before. But yeah maybe he wants someone who gets him more.. I don't know