Why my girlfriend thinks I cheated on her by going out with her friend?

My girlfriend was out of the town and her friend called me and said she has an extra ticket for a movie tonight and asked me to go and see the movie with her. I accepted and we went saw the movie and when dropped her home she kissed me goodnight and that was the whole story.
Now my girlfriend found out about that and wants break up because she thinks I am a cheater !

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I seriously don't care about emotional cheating. But this would bother me because it is a little inappropriate. I mean you went with her alone to watch a movie and she kissed you, this seemed more of like a DATE to me. That friend of hers wants you for herself, i wouldn't trust her.

As far as your relationship goes, it's over, you don't seem like you realize what you've done. You seem to take things too recklessly without thinking and you don't seem to make a big deal out of things YOU think are alright either. Would you mind if she did the same thing with your friend?

1|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • She is a taken girl and its some kind of weird if she wants to go out with another guy.

• Show All
    • That other girl would say that, she wants to be your girl -.-

• Your comment is irrelevant, what are you on about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Emotional cheating is as bad if not worse than emotional cheating. Not telling her was a breach of trust. Would you want her going out with one of her friends without telling you. Breach of trust is issue. Pile on some insecurity and fear and that's how you get there.

You had the best if intentions, but you got played and didn't consider your girls feelings. Eat some humble pie and buy some flowers. You'll get through it.

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• More than physical cheating women are more offended by emotional cheating. Taking her friend to the movies, the two of you alone and not consulting her beforehand screams emotional cheating. If you had gone with a group of friends she wouldn't of minded but her other friend and alone is not a good sign.

1|0
    0|0
    • What can I do now?

• Show All
    • as a guy who actually is in love i can tell that u arent. You didn't even stop to consider the other's feelings before going along to the movie. Even if you didn't think she would find out it shouldn't matter. you're not in love. You just dont want to be alone. otherwise that entire situation about going to the movies would have felt off and u wouldn't have gone

• " i was thinking it's not a big deal" there we go with my words, you don't make a big deal out of things such as these and that's why i would not stay with you.

• I have a question OP, what would you do if you were out of town and you friend who is taken asks your gf if she wants to go to the movies. They go to the movies and he kisses her on the cheek after dropping her off. What would you do?

1|0
    0|0
    • *your friend

• Show All
    • No if she leaves me I become so heartbroken I love her and want to fix this with her.

• @OP: then APOLOGIZE, stop contacting that other chick regardless of how much she wants to meet/talk/see you. Just cut her off, be attentive to your gf, just remember you have NO RIGHT to be mad at her.

• Just have a bit of empathy, put yourself in her shoes. It's not good practice mate to take another woman out... No no no. You'd be top of the scrap heap too if you were mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummm how did she kiss you goodnight? Could be misinterpreted as a date quite easily

0|0
    0|0
    • On my cheek very soft and was sweeter than greeting kiss.

• Show All
    • I think the only option you have is to sit down and talk to her and explain you only thought of it as friends, and that you weren't trying to hide it from her you just didn't think it was a big deal

• Thank you I think as you said its the only option I have.

• She is right

0|0
    0|2
    • How?

• It doesn't make girls feel good when her guy goes out with another girl. What is so difficult to understand here? I don't think you have true feelings for your gf, otherwise you would understand that spending time with her female friend in the absence of your gf is a NO-NO.

• The friend obviously has intentions

1|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I casually go out with my guy friends too, but I do not kiss them. I'd break up with you too.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why you girls easily break up and leave guys heartbroken?

• I don't blame your gf for reacting that way her friend is obviously not a good friend and probably jealous of your relationship and it is not appropriate to hang out with your girls friend if she isn't around and you say she kissed you like it's no night deal tf that's cheating -___-

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not appropriate. Its like a married man asking out another mans wife. Imagine if you were out of town and your friend ask out your girl friend to dinner and a movie. Inside, that would probably hurt your feelings if you are really honest with yourself. Her feelings are probably hurt.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think she should have more of a problem with her friend then you here. For one, you should be able to assume that she just wanted the company, and that since it is her friend, you should be able to hang out with her friend. It doesn't sound like you were planning anything in a "behind her back" sort of nature.

With the kiss, it was on the cheek and initiated by her and you didn't react and suddenly start passionately making out with her. If somebody randomly walked up and kissed your GF on the cheek and she didn't react to it I think you'd wanna have a problem with the guy and not her obviously. So the same should apply here. Realistically I don't consider this cheating and I think she should really be going after her "friend" here and if you two are still a couple, simply avoiding this "friend" of hers.

0|0
    1|0
    • Wrong, he accepted to go on a date with her and she was touching him during the movie, they kissed in the end, this is a hardcore date, and a form of cheating.

What's worse is that he didn't think it was a big deal and neither did the friend. If i would be her i would not be associated with any of them.

• @neverwrong05 I only think he shoulda told his GF about her doing those things, but I don't feel he's cheating here. I only see the lack of communication here. I know girls who go out with their guy friends all the time and it's not cheating. Any couple who has many mutual friends does this regularly when they're trustworthy. If the friend said "Let's go on a movie date" and he said yes then sure. But this just looks like a night with what started out as a trusted friend gone wrong. She made the moves and it doesn't seem like he wanted it to go that way.

• This was a date... They were watching a romantic movie, cuddling, kissing all alone. He didn't think it was wrong at all. Who the hell would be ok with that? Common sense tells us that she treated him as her boyfriend and he went along with it. She obviously wanted to steal him. I would have dumped him as well, I don't know what your point is.

• Guess you could have handled it better, then.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes