I don't know if I made a mistake in breaking up with my boyfriend?

I dated my bf for 6 months long distance. When I first met him I had a gut feeling that I could see myself with him for the rest of my life. We became close friends and decided to give long distance a try since I had to go back home.

We had so much fun together. I trusted him and he's a genuinely sweet guy. But long distance was hard for me as we couldn't share moments together in person but we were both determined to make it work. I ended up travelling around the world for 3 months. The huge time differences put a toll on our relationship and we could only talk for 30 min max per day. Wifi was bad so we only called each other but didn't video chat. We ended up fighting over petty things that led to full blown arguments about a more serious issue and that lasted for weeks. He never wanted to talk about our problems but I just wanted to talk things through. I wasn't enjoying my trip and I was so caught up in all the fighting through phone calls and texting that I forgot why I was with him in the first place. I ended up breaking it off as I had 2 months left of travelling to go. He knew I was on the verge of ending things several times and I finally did during our last fight.

I felt relieved that it was over and I blocked him on fb to avoid the temptation of talking to him etc and it helped me forget the break up especially since I was travelling. A week later I unblocked him and emailed him apologizing for the break up and suggested that we could still talk as friends if he wants to. At that point I thought I had made the right choice. He never replied so closer to the end of my trip I assumed he didn't want anything to do with me and I asked for my stuff back. He refused calling me selfish etc and I also realized he had blocked me on fb.

If we had time to talk and video chat, maybe things would have worked out. It's been 5 months now and I still miss him. Do you think he's over me since he never tried to talk to me again and has me blocked?
A part of me hopes that we can be friends and maybe one day rekindle our relationship but another part of me isn't sure about being with him.

01