I don't why I married my husband or if I even want to be with him anymore?

I have been with my husband for almost 2 years. Here's the thing: I'm 17. My husband is 21. In the beginning of our relationship I was so in love with him, or so I thought. The first couple of months were great, we couldn't like keep our hands off each other. Then if slowly started slipping away. I would always yell at him and I never wanted to have sex with him. I'm looking back now and I'm thinking the only reason I wanted to be with him was because I was a Virgin, which made everything good, you know? The only time I was kind of turned on by him was when he got back from basic training in Georgia after 4 months, but even that didn't last. When we got married, I was already having second thoughts. He never stands up for me unless I yell at him to. He's cheated on me before (with my best friend and her boyfriend), but I got back together with him. He frustrates and annoys me so much. He acts like a child. He never stands up to me. Whenever I'm mad all he says is "I'm sorry babe" or " okay babe". He always wanted me to be with him, and I was, but the few days I hung out with my friends instead of him he was like "you never hang out with me, you just hang out with your friends.". After he cheated he didn't understand why he couldn't hang out with them. There's no passion. I feel like I don't even care about him anymore. I don't bother answering his calls or texts, I don't feel like talking to him, at all. At some points, I say to myself "maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, maybe it will be good." But then I remember something or I talk to him, and I. Think fuck no. I want a life, and I'm sick of him. I want experiences and I regret getting married. I know this is long and sounds stupid but I need more input, more advice. What should I do?
  • Get a divorce
    Vote A
  • Don't get a divorce
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why on earth would you get married at your age?
    17? at that age you should be traveling and having fun, clubbing, meeting guys etc...
    Get a divorce and start living

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• how did you get married at 15? don't you need consent from your parents if you're a minor?

1|4
    0|0
    • I got married right after I turned 17, we've just been together since I was 15. And my parents did consent. I commented on another post above about it

• The rule book tells all women that what you had was chemistry love. Your age was not a problem, the problem is you should have read the book before you married or gave up your virginity.

Lust is a trick the universe uses to get girls pregnant and keep the world populated, you should have know this and avoided it.

Get a divorce due to a single fact, your husband cheated on you. If you took traditional vows then part of your agreement should have been to foresake all others.

0|1
    0|0
  • Does he have a good job at least and what would you do if you get divorced? Seems you don't like him very much at all and a divorce is going to happen sooner or later, you should plan it at the right time though.

0|0
    0|0
  • You married when you were far too young. You were still a child. You have been growing up psychologically and changing as a result. Divorce would be a good decision.

0|1
    0|0
  • Get some counseling. Until we have all the facts, we can't give you help. You got married very, very young. It sounds like you are at the normal point many marriages go through in years 2-6 of marriage. However, you are so young you lack the skills necessary to deal with this.

Marriage is about give and talk. Being an army wife means you will give more than most. Get some good marital counseling. You guys can make it through anything if you love and are committed. There are only a few cases that ever recommend divorce (abandonment, adultery, abuse are the main ones).

0|0
    0|0
  • get a divorce asap... you\re only 17... so you can make up for what you did and NEVER NEVER NEVER do the same mistake again

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, I thought getting married at 25 was too young. How did that even happen?

0|0
    0|0
    • My parents let me. They signed it off. My parents rule is you're an adult when you are 17. I wish they would have fought even more though.

• Nattie and TJ's relationship fell apart within the first year of marriage. They're divorcing. You should watch Total Divas on E!

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you Muslim and forced into marriage? Being married at 15 sounds like a 60 Minutes show.

0|1
    0|0
    • I commented on some other comments. I was just saying him at 15, married at 17.

• This is why you shouldn't get married when you're still a child. It's a huge, life altering decision and not one that should be made when you are still maturing.

Get a divorce.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• If you want a divorce get a divorce.
    Your 17, I'm positive you'll find someone "better" and fall in love a couple of more times.

0|0
    0|0
  • U definitely got married too young what the fuck were u thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, you married too young. Admit that both of you rushed into the marriage then get a divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try marriage counselling

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't get a divorce? That's not an option, dumb girl. DIVORCE immediately, you should live your life at this age. God, you can't even get into bars and you get MARRIED?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes