What is a way to get over you ex?

My ex cheated on me and so we broke up, I'm still hurting but I really need to move on. Any advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't contact him whatsoever my ex broke up with me 7 months ago right out of the blue and I found out he cheated on me as well. He and I go to the same high school but we don't talk to each other whatsoever. I would say distract yourself and go out and meet new people. Trust me I know how you feel I was hurt as well very hurt I didn't want to go to school but I had too. My mother gave me an idea and told me to just act like my ex doesn't exist and it worked a charm. I stay focused on my studies, do well in school, socialize with other people and talk to other people. I understand you're still hurting but it will take time to get him it took me about 5 months to get over my ex and yes it was worth it. Looking back I don't know what I ever saw in him honestly. I don't understand why young boys cheat when they have someone right there that is good to them and supports them and loves them, etc. And then they just blow it off there too busy looking at what they don't have they can't appreciate what they do have. Don't be to upset I went through the same thing, I did everything I could for my ex I was good to him and everything and he just pushed me away and cheated on me. I had to move on with my life and in fact I did. Met new people, hung out with new people, etc.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• The fact he cheated should be a good excuse to get over it quickly. Is he really worth a second thought? Get out meet friends have fun (safely) and enjoy life, don't waste it on stressing over a loser like a guy that would cheat on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I don't have a cure for a broken heart except time

0|1
    0|0
  • Do things you enjoy and get that happiness back in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try dating others might help out a little bit

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No contact whatsoever, Angela_... Block him from your phone, delete him and block him off any social media sites you both may belong to and this will help 'Block' him as a good beginning to begin your beguine in licking your war wounds... No more War of the Roses...
    Many times, out of sight, out of mind, no possible way to push a button now to get back in touch, is a great way to help move on and forget someone who has done you wrong. It may be hard for awhile, I am not saying time heals all wounds over nite, but don't let temptation tallow your fragile heart to go backwards in having to end up going Full Force to where you know you Should be----Moving ahead and starting over with someone more deserving of yourself.
    Good luck. x

0|0
    0|0
  • personally from experience you need to distract your mind : find a new hobby or do something you love.
    spend a lot of time around positive vibed people like your friends.
    pain demands to be felt (thank you John Green) , so have a good cry, get it all out , thats the only way you'll heal hun.
    right now you need to be in a relationship with you. pay attention to yourself and do things that are gonna make YOU happy <3
    i hope you feel better hun !

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes